Question PC does not boot, no light or display, fans running

Feb 28, 2019
When I boot my pc, all fans are running, no beep, no pc display. Just all fans running and silence

specs
Intel Core i5 2400
gtx 960
8gb ram

my motherboard is Acer H61H2-AD

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Well i read some reviews on your power supply, some people said that it blew up and took everything else in the rig with it and costed them a ton of money, some said its working fine.

Well it is not a well know brand that is the problem.
A evga supernova g2 650W should be more than enough and it is a top tier power supply.

These were the only 5 reviews i found on that power supply, please change it ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 28, 2019
Well i read some reviews on your power supply, some people said that it blew up and took everything else in the rig with it and costed them a ton of money, some said its working fine.

Well it is not a well know brand that is the problem.
A evga supernova g2 650W should be more than enough and it is a top tier power supply.

These were the only 5 reviews i found on that power supply, please change it ASAP.
Are you definitely sure it's the PSU

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 28, 2019
See there is no such thing as a good power supply in that range of money.
The closeest one you go go for is the CX series 2018 from corsair.
else you can't really do anything else.
Just figured something out. When I put on the protective metal CPU case, and shut it tight with the lever, the pc will turn power on for 1 second then instantly turn off. However with the protective cpu case off, the pc will turn on and be stationary fans running, no beep or boot

Feb 28, 2019
When I boot my pc, all fans are running, no beep, no pc display. Just all fans running and silence

specs
Intel Core i5 2400
gtx 960
8gb ram

my motherboard is Acer H61H2-AD

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019
I was messing around with the wires to try and unplug the PSU. However when I got my PSU out, I tried it again on my pc, 24pin and the 4 pin (one on motherboard) and then suddenly this time the case fans are not running at all, BUT the CPU fan is running, and then my PC will shut down after a second

SPECS

Intel Core i5 2300

Nvidia GTX 960

8gb ram

PSU: http://www.lmsdata.com/pages/products/Power Supply/X750.html

Any help on this? Thanks

liamwhalley20

Prominent
Nov 27, 2018
For what reason were you unplugging the wires for? And that psu doesnt look like a very good quality unit (don't hold me to that) but are all fans plugged into header? Is there anything in the bios about fan speed? Maybe you have it set to a certain PWM state where they only come on at a certain temperature

Feb 28, 2019
For what reason were you unplugging the wires for? And that psu doesnt look like a very good quality unit (don't hold me to that) but are all fans plugged into header? Is there anything in the bios about fan speed? Maybe you have it set to a certain PWM state where they only come on at a certain temperature
My PC doesn't even start, when I power it on, it turns off after a second. I was taking off the fans to clean them, but now I'm getting this problem. All fans are plugged into the header.

I did the paperclip test on my psu and the fan runs