Question PC does not POST, No signal on monitor!! Need Help.

Jun 2, 2023
My system was running fine yesterday. But today I was not getting any display. This has happened before.

On my motherboard EZ debug section VGA light was on. All components working.

My PC specifications :

Ryzen 5 1600

Rx 570

MSI B450m Pro VDH Plus

16 GB Ram (2*8) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz

PSU : Corsair VS450

Fix : Swapping my Ryzen 5 1600 with Ryzen 3 2200g fixes the issue. My pc runs fine. Then again I swap back to Ryzen 5 1600, and no issue at all.

Though I fixed it and I'm typing this on my PC. But I just want to know the exact cause. To avoid this issue permanently.

Back story :

Last month one night I switched off my PC like usually. And the next day in the morning my pc stopped giving me any display at all. CPU, GPU everything was running properly.

On my motherboard there is a section called "EZ debug". I saw VGA light was on. I searched about this and got no specific solution. So I Tried everything...

1)reseating Ram

2)using only one Ram

3)reseating CPU, GPU

4)reconnecting power connectors

5)clearing CMOS

Nothing worked!

I was doing all this troubleshooting for about 3 days. Then with no hope I thought I would have to take my PC to a professional. But before doing that.. I gave myself one more try.

This time I swapped my CPU with my spare CPU(Ryzen 3 2200g) with integrated graphics (to make sure if the GPU is dead). Then, voila PC did POST this time. and then I also confirmed that my GPU was completely fine. It was working. Now anyone would thought the CPU maybe dead. To ensure I swapped the CPU again. And... I was amazed that this time it was all perfect. I got the display, GPU CPU everything was running properly and fine. Now I was blank. I did troubleshoot but didn't know what was the actual cause.

Then after thinking so much I remembered I enabled A-XMP profile that night before shutting down my pc to 2999Mhz frequency. My ram is 3000Mhz ram. But when I go to AMD website CPU specification. I saw my CPU only supports 2667Mhz frequency. So I assumed maybe this was the cause. (I know the fact that even if I increased it to 2999Mhz my cpu will downclock this to 2667mhz and it wouldn't be an issue. but still I just satisfied myself by assuming this.)

Now today I am again frustrated by this issue. I just want to know what is the actual cause. I don't do Overclocking at all. Even I didn't touched A-XMP this time. And yes more annoying thing is "Reseating CPU won't help" Only swapping it to my Ryzen 3 2200g then posting, then again swapping it back fixes things!" And yes, I have to fight with AMD cooler with my screwdriver to get it seated properly!

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
they say a 450 watts psu system for gpu so nothing left for the other parts did you try to test your psu in another system or a older gpu in this one to see if gpu led stay on did you check compatibility with board for the ram and cpu could run ram at 3200 mhz see my specs .

Jun 2, 2023
they say a 450 watts psu system for gpu so nothing left for the other parts did you try to test your psu in another system or a older gpu in this one to see if gpu led stay on did you check compatibility with board for the ram and cpu could run ram at 3200 mhz see my specs .
I don't have any spare GPU so No. I haven't. My PSU is around 5 years old now with same config.