davidmf

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006

Hello Everybody
I bought an Asus B550M Plus Gaming WiFi motherboard 3 years ago. Last year, sometimes the system would turn on and sometimes it wouldn't. At that time, I tried a lot, such as updating the BIOS, replacing the power supply,... . But the problem was not solved. I haven't used it for a few months. I assembled the system again and turned it on and off several times without any problems. Benchmark programs were also successfully installed and run such as Prime95 and Cinebench. Windows 11 and drivers were installed properly.

Today once I turned off the system but it didn't turn on. I removed the motherboard from the case. I did these following steps but the system didn't turn on. Only, the RGB lights on the side of the motherboard are on.

1-Replacing power supply.
2-Removing GPU, M.2 SSDs, RAM and disconnecting all other peripherals. (The system didn't turn on with CPU and RAM either.)
3-Installing latest version of BIOS (3607) and also some old versions.

About BIOS updating: I installed the latest version of the BIOS using USB flash Drive. I think the BIOS was updated, because I followed the steps in the Asus guide in Youtube. I made a flash drive in FAT32 format and copied the BIOS file on it after renaming. After connecting the flash to the USB, I turned on the power supply and pushed the FlashBios button. The green LED was blinking at first. After a few minutes, the LED turned off, which means the end of the operation.

System Specs
MBD: Asus TUF Gaming B550M Plus WiFi
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600x
GPU: Asus GT710 2GB
RAM: Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
PSU: Corsair CX650M
SSDs: Samsung 980 Pro and 980.

Also, for about 2 years, the power supply was connected to the city electricity which fluctuated a lot. As I said, replacing the power supply did not help. Maybe the motherboard was damaged during this time. Now we have UPS and stabilizer. The power supply is connected to it.

My Question is that does my problem relate to the motherboard, CPU or something else?

Regards

Hello Everybody
I bought an Asus B550M Plus Gaming Wi-Fi motherboard 3 years ago. Last year, sometimes the system would turn on and sometimes it wouldn't. At that time, I tried a lot, such as updating the BIOS, replacing the power supply,... . But the problem was not solved. I haven't used it for a few months. I assembled the system again and turned it on and off several times without any problems. Benchmark programs were also successfully installed and run such as Prime95 and Cinebench. Windows 11 and drivers were installed properly.

Today once I turned off the system but it didn't turn on. I removed the motherboard from the case. I did these following steps but the system didn't turn on. Only, the RGB lights on the side of the motherboard are on.

1-Replacing power supply.
2-Removing VGA, M.2 SSDs, RAM and disconnecting all other peripherals. (The system didn't turn on with CPU and Memory too.)
3-Installing Latest version of BIOS (3607) and also some old versions.

About BIOS Updating: I installed the latest version of the BIOS using USB flash Drive. I think the BIOS was updated, because I followed the steps in the Asus guide in Youtube. I made a flash drive in FAT32 format and copied the BIOS file on it after renaming. After connecting the flash to the USB, I turned on the power supply and pushed the FlashBios button. The green LED was blinking at first. After a few minutes, the LED turned off, which means the end of the operation.

System Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5600x
M/B: Asus TUF Gaming B550M Plus Wi-Fi
RAM: Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
VGA: Asus GT710 2GB
Power: Corsair CX650M
SSD: Samsung 980 Pro and 980.

Also, for about 2 years, the power supply was connected to the city electricity which fluctuated a lot. As I said, replacing the power supply did not help. Maybe the motherboard was damaged during this time. Now we have UPS and stabilizer. The power supply is connected to it.

My Question is that does my problem relate to the motherboard, CPU or something else?

Regards
Could be anything, including Start button/switch so you have to test every component by itself.

Reactions: davidmf

JonT

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2013
Could be anything, including Start button/switch so you have to test every component by itself.
Weirdly, exactly the same thing happened to me yesterday, and to a board of the same age. Take a look at my post for all the things I tried. I have to warn you, none of them worked though. New mobo ordered this morning.

Post is here - My post

Reactions: davidmf

davidmf

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
Weirdly, exactly the same thing happened to me yesterday, and to a board of the same age. Take a look at my post for all the things I tried. I have to warn you, none of them worked though. New mobo ordered this morning.

Post is here - My post
It's very interesting! I hope that your problem will be solved by new mobo :)

davidmf

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
I replaced all of components (including PSU) by another healthy components except CPU and M/B, but PC doesn't turn on. Which one is more likely to be damaged? CPU or M/B?