Question PC doesn’t show display on monitor

respeccbanana

Honorable
Feb 1, 2019
Pc newbie here, Recently I’ve ordered new parts for my PC. New motherboard, CPU, RAM and an SSD. I’m using my old graphics card for previous RIG, power supply and HDD. When it came to testing out after finishing the build whether my pc boots or not it turns on but there is no display on monitor. Also, ive tried plugging in my keyboard to see whether it will turn on (light up) or not and it does not work. For some context its an Ryzen 5 7600X cpu, A650M gaming x gigabyte mbo, hyperx fury 16gb ram. From my research it most likely looks like a mbo problem, btw ive tried to replug every cable and reconnect ps from gpu and mbo and it still shows no sign of life..

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

mc_spaceman

Reputable
Aug 6, 2019
cpu and ram are on the qol list.. for all revisions of the board.. so it should boot..

remove gpu and re-seat it? try another psu? try with only 1 stick of memory?

i would start with removing everything from the board and updating the bios, you should find the walk through in the user manual, but typically you just plugin the usb.. and boot it, while pressing the bios flash button. wait for a sequence of led flashes on the mobo, and re-install everything.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B650M-GAMING-X-AX-rev-10-11-12/support#support-dl-bios

With GIGABYTE Q-Flash Plus, you don't need to install the CPU, memory and graphics card nor enter the BIOS menu to flash the BIOS. Just download and save a new BIOS file (rename to gigabyte. bin) on the USB flash drive, then press the dedicated Q-Flash Plus button and you're good to go!

Last edited: