Question PC doesn't boot without doing BIOS flashback, B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

May 4, 2020
So after a lot of toil and trouble, I got my new PC to boot by putting the newest BIOS update on a flash drive and using the flashback feature on my B450. After installing Windows 10 everything ran smoothly. I played around with everything for about an hour and a half and tried the final test. A power off then power on. The PC would NOT turn back on with the Power button, and also will not turn it off. I also cannot jump the posts with a screwdriver. I have to turn off the PSU or use the Start menu from desktop to power off. To power on, I have to use the USB with the BIOS renamed to MSI.ROM, insert it and hit the BIOS flashback button, and wait several minutes for it to finally boot, and then it goes to deaktop. I tried having the same file with the original name on it and using M-Flash to update the BIOS but it didn't change anything. I've tried v18 and v14, which is what it's on now. I'm stumped as to what could be causing this. Only thing I haven't tried is an older version of BIOS than v14 or CMOS reset or replace. But I read that only keeps track of time. Any ideas?

So after a lot of toil and trouble, I got my new PC to boot by putting the newest BIOS update on a flash drive and using the flashback feature on my B450. After installing Windows 10 everything ran smoothly. I played around with everything for about an hour and a half and tried the final test. A power off then power on. The PC would NOT turn back on with the Power button, and also will not turn it off. I also cannot jump the posts with a screwdriver. I have to turn off the PSU or use the Start menu from desktop to power off. To power on, I have to use the USB with the BIOS renamed to MSI.ROM, insert it and hit the BIOS flashback button, and wait several minutes for it to finally boot, and then it goes to deaktop. I tried having the same file with the original name on it and using M-Flash to update the BIOS but it didn't change anything. I've tried v18 and v14, which is what it's on now. I'm stumped as to what could be causing this. Only thing I haven't tried is an older version of BIOS than v14 or CMOS reset or replace. But I read that only keeps track of time. Any ideas?
If you can RMA the motherboard, it looks like your best option.