[SOLVED] PC doesn't POST and EZ Debug CPU LED is lit ?

Stef Zia

Commendable
May 26, 2021
I left my pc idle for 2,5 weeks while I had it's Windows-boot hard drive removed for external use. After that, I reinstalled the hard drive on it and after I tried booting it , it didn't POST so I removed the graphics card as it tends to cause some issues from time to time because of it's drivers . I used my PC without the GPU, booted in to Windows and Windows told me that it needed to update with an HP firmware update . Keep in mind that this firmware update might be caused by the fact that I have been using it's hard drive for booting on an HP laptop (HP 255 G8 with radeon R5-3500U to be precise).

Anyhow, the update took place and it took a long time to POST so I held the power button and turned off the pc. After that it didn't ever boot again. To figure out what was going on I used the hard drive with the enclosure to boot on my laptop which was fully successful. Continuing on my pc though wasn't that fortunate. To be more precise I tried to boot it without the hard drive and it didn't POST.

After some trial and error (such as putting in the GPU and getting it out while using the onboard graphics) I noticed that the CPU EZ Debug Led was on. Lastly, I cleared the CMOS by hitting the button on the rear I/O and with shorting the JBAT1 jumper . Also I removed the BIOS battery for some time and put it back and still no luck. My ram stick was reseated ,still nothing. I didn't reseat my CPU as I left it as a last resort. What do you think has happened to my PC ? What are my possible solutions? Is it beneficial if I remove the CPU to maybe check if any pins are bent and/or to reseat it properly ?

Specs:
intel core i5-7500
msi b-150m mortar
Corsair vengeance 2400 mhz ddr4 8gb
corsair cx600
Asus RX 470 4gb
WD Blue 1 TB

Solution
All I can think of right now is removing all sticks of RAM, then see if the motherboard POSTs that way. It should throw an error code (through LED or beeping) if the CPU and motherboard are working fine.

Looks like a dead CPU case, but incredibly bizarre for it to happen after the PC being left alone for a few weeks.

Also,
I left my pc idle for 2,5 weeks while I had it's Windows-boot hard drive removed for external use.

Specs:
intel core i5-7500
msi b-150m mortar
corsair cx600
Asus RX 470 4gb
WD Blue 1 TB

How do you leave your PC on idle with no Windows? As in booted but only in BIOS?

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
All I can think of right now is removing all sticks of RAM, then see if the motherboard POSTs that way. It should throw an error code (through LED or beeping) if the CPU and motherboard are working fine.

Looks like a dead CPU case, but incredibly bizarre for it to happen after the PC being left alone for a few weeks.

Also,
I left my pc idle for 2,5 weeks while I had it's Windows-boot hard drive removed for external use.

Specs:
intel core i5-7500
msi b-150m mortar
corsair cx600
Asus RX 470 4gb
WD Blue 1 TB

How do you leave your PC on idle with no Windows? As in booted but only in BIOS?

Solution