Question PC doesn't post ?

victorlai

Honorable
Jul 9, 2017
Hi All,

Mobo is X299 ROG gaming

Left PC on for about 6 hours AFK come back to find screens turned off and won't turn on. I restarted the PC but still no luck. Swapped graphics cards with another computer that I know works and still no luck. All displays are working through another PC. Mobo reads correct post code (AA)

Please let me know if more information is needed.

ptfpinho

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2014
I was gonna suggest to clearing CMOS & try to remove RAM sticks, one at a time, but if you're getting valid postcodes that shouldn't be the issue. Are you sure that you're PSU's PCI pin connector is working fine?

Did you're GPU behave differently whenever you tried it on your other PC? Did the fans turn on / RGBs, etc?

victorlai

Honorable
Jul 9, 2017
Fans and RGB turn on just fine on not working PC and behave the same in test PC every individual component seems to be working as normal barring the fact the pc will not post :\

boju

Titan
Ambassador
List complete specs including psu brand and age.

Ignoring post codes for the moment, try remove all ram anyway. Turn pc on like this. It'll probably shutdown itself but if not power it off. Place one ram stick in 2nd slot from cpu (if 4 dimm slot board) and power on.

Do the same for OS ssd next.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Interesting. System got a little bamboozled. I wonder if turning off drives after certain amount of time in Windows had anything to do with it. Probably best disable that feature in power plan.

Last edited:

Latest posts