Question PC either going into BSOD Stopwatch Violation or freezing and then automatically restarting when computer is in high load | Windows 10

Mar 15, 2023
Hello everyone, first time posting here.

I've had a prebuilt PC which I've bought at the end of 2020 which I use for gaming/work. I use my PC for rendering and 3d modeling. I bought a prebuilt desktop because back then the new generation of graphics cards were already sold out and I desperately needed an upgrade. When I first got the PC it was a little bit unstable (had 2 crashes during a gaming session) and then nothing. Thought nothing of it and moved on. A year later I had some very bad stability issues. Watchdog DPD Violations and freezing followed by automatic restart happened constantly after/during Zoom meetings. I shrugged that off as Zoom being unstable, but I've done a clean install of the system. That didn't solve the problem. When I had more time I've done another clean install of the system, still nothing changed. I took the PC to a friend of mine and he ran aida64 tests and hammer tests for the RAM. There seemed to be no errors and no crashes. I've also changed the SSDs on the PC and the Ram sticks because the stock ones weren't good enough for what I needed from my system. I've now noticed that my PC started crashing often once more. I didn't return the PC back then because I had to push through to work through things, and now it's too late for a refund. Here's what I did and didn't do to the PC:

do:
-clean system wipe/install
-updated the drivers on everything (including SSD firmware)
-clean it thoroughly so it prevents overheating
-tried to recreate the conditions of the crashes (a certain rendering program seemed to cause constant crashes when I needed to use it on projects but when I tried to get it to crash it didn't)

PC Specs are:
Processor: Asus Intel i9 10850k 5.2ghz
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB, DDR4, 3200MHz, CL16, Dual Channel Kit
GPU: Asus Nvidia Geforce rtx3070 8gb
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z490-V
Storage:
2x SSD adata sx8200 PRO 2tb
HDD Seagate BarraCuda 4TB, 5400rpm, 256MB cache, SATA-III
Solid-State Drive (SSD) Kingston A2000, 1TB, NVMe, M.2

EDIT: Google Drive link for the DMP file. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yS_ApPhm0OcE1mpKnqoX_KSNWmwBmaAk?usp=sharing

Bugcheck analysis

I'm really desperate in getting the PC fixed because I really want to make it work properly. I'm open to any testing software and I'll upload any test results if it means my PC will no longer have issues.

Also worth mentioning that a friend said that I should check the power supply unit to see if the prebuilt PC is properly wired to it or have it replaced entirely because in his opinion is a bit underpowered and of lower quality. The power source is an Njoy one, but I'm not sure what model since I don't have the original sheet for it.

Last edited:
Also worth mentioning that a friend said that I should check the power supply unit to see if the prebuilt PC is properly wired to it or have it replaced entirely because in his opinion is a bit underpowered and of lower quality. The power source is an Njoy one, but I'm not sure what model since I don't have the original sheet for it.
Sounds like the most likely factor. Worth testing with a good quality PSU.

TRENDING THREADS