[SOLVED] Pc exploaded

Jun 30, 2020
Hi everyone,
Yesterday i builded my first gaming pc.
MSI tomahawk max
Cpu: ryzen 3700x
Gpu: Radeon armor rx 570 8gb
Psu: bequeit: system power 9: 600w
With shadow Wings 2 be queiet in thé front and annantec fan in thé back.
Everything was working fine, i games serveral hours had great fps. No lag trugh thé intire session.
Until i heard a bang from my pc and thé electricity went out in thé intire room.
At this Point i have no clue what went wrong of where you begin fixing ot. I don't see burn places anywhere. Havent tried to boot my pc up again

Solution
How can i be sure. There was no smoke but there was a smell but don't know where it Came from couldn't locate it. Never got a feeling of message that something was way to hot.
If it was thé psu just buy another one ??
Take PSU out and send it back, that shouldn't have happened. Until you try with known good PSU (don't get same one again, it's not very good one) you will not know if it ruined something else, which is quite possible when PSU blows up.
Hi everyone,
Yesterday i builded my first gaming pc.
MSI tomahawk max
Cpu: ryzen 3700x
Gpu: Radeon armor rx 570 8gb
Psu: bequeit: system power 9: 600w
With shadow Wings 2 be queiet in thé front and annantec fan in thé back.
Everything was working fine, i games serveral hours had great fps. No lag trugh thé intire session.
Until i heard a bang from my pc and thé electricity went out in thé intire room.
At this Point i have no clue what went wrong of where you begin fixing ot. I don't see burn places anywhere. Havent tried to boot my pc up again
Only part powerful enough to cause that is PSU. Take it out and don't try it again.

Reactions: RodroX
Jun 30, 2020
Only part powerful enough to cause that is PSU. Take it out and don't try it again.
How can i be sure. There was no smoke but there was a smell but don't know where it Came from couldn't locate it. Never got a feeling of message that something was way to hot.

Take PSU out and send it back, that shouldn't have happened. Until you try with known good PSU (don't get same one again, it's not very good one) you will not know if it ruined something else, which is quite possible when PSU blows up.

Reactions: RodroX
Solution

Bassplate

Reputable
Its Definitely the Power Supply that exploded!
The power supply is already blown up so you can Open the power Supply and check where it exploded or burnt or you can send it back and get a other PSU and not the Same one that exploded.

Its Definitely the Power Supply that exploded!
The power supply is already blown up so you can Open the power Supply and check where it exploded or burnt or you can send it back and get a other PSU and not the Same one that exploded.
Never take apart a psu unless you know what you are doing. The capacitors can store dangerous voltages for a very long time if not discharged safely.

Azzyasi

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
Does it smoke as burnt elecrics? If not the issue might be somewhere else in the electrical wiring of the house. Just to be sure, take the psu out, plug it carefully in another circuit of the house (other room, or at work or a friend.. somewhere else) and carefully switch the psu on. if nothing happens so far, power the psu by shorting the green wire and a black wire from the main ATX motherboard connector. the fan should start spin, and you can measure voltages with a multimeter to ensure that looks good. If all checks the PSU is not dead and nothing is dead and the short and the bang is from other device or plugs or outlets, or light switches, or junction box.. so have someone inspect the electrical wiring in your house.

Of course if it smells like burnt.. just take it to the waranty.

Remove the PSU from the case (and be sure to never plug it again!).

If you want to "be sure" somehow, just take it the PSU to a diferent room in your house and smell it. Burn electronic components have a very particular smell.

Also while you wait for the new PSU I would try to make sure ther aren't any shortcuts between the motherboard and the case (this mean that any parts of the case aren't touching the motherboard in the wrong place, for example a wrong placed motherboard standoff).

I would also try to make sure there aren't any power clables/outlets damaged in your room.

A Bang likely came from the speakers and not from the psu.
If the psu shorted out, you should have smelled something burnt.

If power went out in the room, something might have overloaded the room power.
Perhaps something like a heater for example.

Another possibility is that the outlets you used were not properly grounded.

Certainly, the psu is a likely culprit.
See if you can't test using a known good psu of sufficient power.

Reactions: Bassplate