Question Pc fans stopped spinning while in use. possibly motherboard?

Dec 16, 2021
I went to turn my pc on and it did not power on, i have pc problems quite frequently so i turn off and then back on the psu switch and it automatically powered on without me having to press the power button. once it did turn on and it was fully booted up the rgb fans started to slow down and eventually stopped while the pc was still on and shortly after that my mouse did not respond and i had to hold the power button down for it to turn off. now it will not turn on at all.

the few things that i have problems with it and have been acting up with it are: the cmos battery needs to be replaced and i have yet to do it and every now and then my monitor will go black while i’m using it and then return to normal after a few seconds.

intel i3 - 9100f
nvidia 710 gt
evga 450 w (i just replaced my old one as it had broke maybe a week ago this psu IS BRAND NEW but it is the second one i’ve bought in the span of 5 months)
asrock h310cm hdv

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
it is the second one i’ve bought in the span of 5 months
Why would you need to buy a new PSU? Didn't the one you had prior have warranty on it?

the cmos battery needs to be replaced and i have yet to do it
You need to do that sooner than later.

You might want to bring in a certified electrician and see if your wiring is compromised. Often times a grounding issue can and will cause the issue stated above, or worse that your build is shorting.

intel i3 - 9400f
Intel never made an i3-9400f, they do have an i5-9400F mind you. What rams are you working with?

Dec 16, 2021
it is the second one i’ve bought in the span of 5 months
Why would you need to buy a new PSU? Didn't the one you had prior have warranty on it?

the cmos battery needs to be replaced and i have yet to do it
You need to do that sooner than later.

You might want to bring in a certified electrician and see if your wiring is compromised. Often times a grounding issue can and will cause the issue stated above, or worse that your build is shorting.

intel i3 - 9400f
Intel never made an i3-9400f, they do have an i5-9400F mind you. What rams are you working with?
for the psu i just didn’t think in that moment i just found the problem and bought the solution.

the correct cpu i have is a 9100f that was my bad i put the wrong number and i have a single 8 gb

TRENDING THREADS