[SOLVED] PC freeze and won't boot up again after CPU-Z/ HW-Monitor/ 2-3 hours usage

Aug 9, 2020
Hi,

Hope you are good and healthy.

So I'm building (old) PC with specs below:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68A D3 H3 - Rev 1.0 - BIOS F11
CPU: Intel i5 - 2500k (no OC)
VGA: Ati HD 5750 512mb 256bit
RAM: DDR3 - Samsung (1x4) - 10600
PSU: Imperion 600w
HDD: SSD V-Gen 120gb

So when all put together, I want to monitor the cpu with cpu-z (?) but suddenly the PC shut down and won't boot up. I took out the CMOS battery and wait for hours to put it back and never try that program again. The PC is installed with basic program (anti virus, office, games) and the first problem occur after a week usage.

When I play around 2-3 hours, the PC freeze and then won't boot up (same when I tried the cpu-z) I tried to press the power button and then the led on and off in a second. Same as above, I had to take out the motherboard battery and wait for hours to put it back and power on (and the problem happen again)

I tried to run monitor program (hw-monitor) and suddenly the PC shut down and won't boot up again (like the problem I mentioned above) had to take out the battery again and wait.

Things that I tried so far but no luck:
  • Flash the BIOS with old one (the version when I bought the motherboard)
  • Change the RAM slot (1,2,3,4)
  • Change the HDD
  • Put new thermal paste
Any advice will be a great help!

Thank you and stay healthy.
Ryan

Solution
I'm using the PSU from my old board (AMD X3 720, Biostar A780L3G, RAM 8GB, 3 HDDs) with 1 year usage and often standby up to 12 hours without error. Never thought about the PSU but I might try it later
It can be anything. Power issue, defect Mboard, or CPU/RAM fault. But since the systems is have mainly issue on shutting down and booting, I narrowed to main component, PSU and Mboard before go into another component.
Aug 9, 2020
I'm using the PSU from my old board (AMD X3 720, Biostar A780L3G, RAM 8GB, 3 HDDs) with 1 year usage and often standby up to 12 hours without error. Never thought about the PSU but I might try it later

It can be anything. Power issue, defect Mboard, or CPU/RAM fault. But since the systems is have mainly issue on shutting down and booting, I narrowed to main component, PSU and Mboard before go into another component.

Reactions: Zylopen
Solution
Aug 9, 2020
Hi, the problem is solved. The error is from the PSU. Thank you for the advice
Hi, the problem is solved after I changed the PSU. Thanks alot!

Cheers