• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question pc freeze, no output to monitor, fans spin up

dsmncihagt

Prominent
Feb 1, 2020
hi, i have a problem with my desktop computer, sometimes out of no where i lose output to the monitor, the computer fans start spinning really fast, and the pc completely freezes, no sounds comes out anymore, and i have to shut it down with the power button, this only happens when i have a gpu installed, i tried to use the intel hd 4600 in my i5 processor, and remove the dedicated gpu (r7 250x) and i never had the problem again (used it for months like this), now when i install it again i sometimes get the same problem again. i first thought it was a temp issue, but i applied new thermal paste to the gpu and did a heavenbenchmark test, it never goes above 71°C. i also have another r7 250x and the problem happens with it aswell, im not sure if this is a gpu problem or a PSU problem
if its a gpu problem, that means both the GPUs started having the problem at the same time, which is why i dont think this is the case
but still this only happens when i install the gpus, when i remove them the pc is fine

dsmncihagt

Prominent
Feb 1, 2020
I forgot to mention, this issue sometimes happens outside of windows as well, for example when i first turn the computer on, when it's still in the American megatrends screen, or even when I'm in the bios, it would freeze. So this isn't related to windows

ASK THE COMMUNITY