Question PC freeze then black screen but system unit is on then display will turn on again

Aug 31, 2023
  • CPU-Ryzen 7 5700x
  • Motherboard- MSI B450m mortar max
  • RAM- 4x8 3200mah
  • GPU- Gigabyte 1660 super
  • Storage- 250gb ssd kingston + 1tb hdd
  • PSU- corsair 750w 80+ bronze

My pc will freeze and then black screen for couple of seconds and after that the display will turn back to normal. It usually only happens when I'm editing on premiere pro, when I play dota 2 it doesn't happen. After the display turn back to normal the video on premiere pro is only black and I have to restart premiere pro in order for it to get back to normal. I've tried to update my drivers, roll back the drivers, reinstall a couple of times the videocard drivers with the help of ddu, replaced my old video card (1650 super) to 1660 super. And then I upgraded my ram from 16 gb to 32 gb and tried memory diagnostic test but it says that no problem w my ram. Tried doing sfc scan, checked the health of my storage. Lastly that I have done is upgrade my cpu from r5 2600 to r7 5700x and updated my bios, it didn't occur for a couple of days then after that it occurred twice in different days. What could be the other possible cause for it?

Looks like you nearly cleared all but drives, PSU, display and motherboard.

check the drives for errors with the Kingston tool and the other one with the manufacturer´s tool as well.
eventually update the firmware of these, if available

check the display cable and the monitor as well (try different ones / TV and HDMI)

do you have power outages in your area?

try a different PSU

Aug 31, 2023
Looks like you nearly cleared all but drives, PSU, display and motherboard.

check the drives for errors with the Kingston tool and the other one with the manufacturer´s tool as well.
eventually update the firmware of these, if available

check the display cable and the monitor as well (try different ones / TV and HDMI)

do you have power outages in your area?

try a different PSU
Hello! I forgot to mention that I've also changed my psu, it was actually the 1st one i've changed. I've also tried swapping monitor and HDMI Cable it still persist. Yeah there are times that power outages occurs in my area. I was already considering that the cause might be motherboard I'll get back here after i tried your tips and if it doesn't occur again, thanks man!

Aug 31, 2023
Here's a video for another occurrence where after freezing and having black screen it doesn't come back completely. Sometimes this happens but it is less frequent to going back to completely normal

Here's a video for another occurrence where after freezing and having black screen it doesn't come back completely. Sometimes this happens but it is less frequent to going back to completely normal
if something like this happened, press hotkey "windows" + "r" and type -> explorer -> enter
or
open up taskmanager -> new task -> explorer -> enter

open up event manager
any error in windows protocol "system" by the time you had the freezes?