Question Pc freezes and lock up while playing

Sep 19, 2019
Hey guys, I have been having this problem since a month or two. I built this pc 4 months ago or so and I cant stand it anymore.
When I turn on my pc everythhing works fine until I start playing a game and it freezes but the audio keeps going a little bit. It happened with League of legends and other games that are a lot heavier like Sekiro or the witcher 3.
The weird thing is that when I use discord I can still hear my friends for some seconds and then it completly freezes.
My specs are:
gpu: radeon rx 570 4gb
cpu: Ryzen 5 1600
mob: ASROCK a320m-hdv
ram: 8 gb ddr4 t vulcan
psu: evga 500 w.
I sent it to a technician and he told me the problem was the gpu but when I sent the gpu to get a revision they told me it was in perfect conditions.
pd: The hdd is a new one since I used an old one and I have an ssd.
I hope you can help me, thanx!.

How old is the power supply? The model has been out for a quite, and wasn't a great unit when it came out (not saying it was terrible, just not the best for a high-end system). Since the video card has a requirement 450-watt unit, and this is a cheaper 500-watt unit up to 6 years old that is a bit on the high-ripple side of th 12v rail (even when new), a better power supply may help here.

Reactions: seniorsperk
Sep 19, 2019
[
I did burn a 520W PSU with RX570. Bought 700W PSUs and my systems works fine. You can lower the engine clock of the GPU and see if your system is stable.
I got college till midnight (Argentina) but I'll lower the engine clock when I got back homero and if it works I ll buy a new one![/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2019
How old is the power supply? The model has been out for a quite, and wasn't a great unit when it came out (not saying it was terrible, just not the best for a high-end system). Since the video card has a requirement 450-watt unit, and this is a cheaper 500-watt unit up to 6 years old that is a bit on the high-ripple side of th 12v rail (even when new), a better power supply may help here.
It's like 5 months old. Today I'll underclock the gpu.
It must be the psu, it isnt the gpu itself or the ram (ran memtest)