Question PC freezes for 4 seconds, shuts off, restarts, and shows no display

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sethduncan17

Prominent
Jan 12, 2019
So I bought a new gigabyte G1 Geforce GTX 1060 6gb graphics card, and recently problems have started occuring. First of all, when I boot my pc after it turns off, there is no display, and I have to unplug and replug my dvi cable back into the gpu for it to turn on ( ive tried other cables but to no avail ). Just recently I've noticed that my pc would freeze for about 5 seconds, and it would shut off, restart, and then have no display. I would then have to turn it off, unplug and replug the dvi, and it would turn back on. I really need somebodys help and anything would be appreciated.

SPECS:

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
MOBO: Dell Inc. 0GDG8Y
STORAGE:
223GB KINGSTON SA400S37240G ATA Device (SATA-2 (SSD))
931GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 ATA Device (SATA )
PSU: EVGA 600W WHITE 80+

sethduncan17

Prominent
Jan 12, 2019
Yes it could have been. You replaced it with another card and the replacement worked.

You didn't mention that earlier that it was a cheap purchase (basically used card) from eBay. It might have been faulty and that's why the previous owner decided to sell it cheaper.

You said you "bought a new Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB". Maybe you meant "new" as in it's a new card in your system but it also sounds to us like it was a brand new card.
Sorry about the confusion, I ordered a zotac 1070 mini and I’ll give you an update on whether it works

Reactions: Satan-IR