PC Freezes - replaced parts still same issues HELP

catty

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2013
Hi guys, I am currently experiencing random freezing that can occur randomly for example within 10seconds of boot all windows that are open will freeze and I can still move the cursor hit the bottom arrow next to the time and it will open the little application window (best way to describe this sorry^^) if i have chrome open I can click between tabs but not load any further webpages I can also minimize the windows but not reopen them, this seems to be happening every 15minutes or so, if i'm gaming it is perfectly fine I haven't experienced any freeze yet whilst playing it seems to be only when i'm not playing.. When these freezes happen in task manager the CPU goes to 100% but I have not been able to identify any program using 100%, as of the latest freeze I can't actually see anything in task manager it is just icons with blank spaces next to them the title of the tabs are also blank, everything is blank to be honest this doesn't happen with every freeze.

Prior to installing the SSD I had a 1TB HD, I was experiencing freezes also to the point I had to do a hard shutdown with the power button in order for my pc to start working again, it seems with the SSD it has made the problem I was having just better rather than fix it.

I have also installed a new graphics card and tested different RAM and still experiencing these issues, I am also not convinced the latest ram i'm using is the best of bought second hand and experiencing issues that won't allow it to run to the full MHz - tested on 3 pcs.. I have however ran the windows memory test and experiencing no errors.

I had a different graphics card, ram and SSD prior and still had freezes, i'm unsure if the problem im having now is still related.

My specs are as follows

Processor: AMD FX-6350
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology 970A-UD3P
RAM: 16gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro series 2400Mhz (only been able to clock at 2100-2200mhz on multiple systems, i'm aware my rig doesn't support 2400mhz but we had it at 2100mhz on a system that supports 2800mhz and it's currently running at 2200mhz on my system according to CPU-Z)
Graphics card: NVIDA GTX 1060 6GB G1 Gaming OC
SSD: Samsung Evo 860 500gb
Power supply: 500W

I have tried to find chipset drivers etc for my motherboard but they all seem to only support up to Windows 8, I currently have the default drivers for the motherboard from the Windows 10 Installation. I have installed my graphics card drivers directly from nvidia.

Solution
RAM: 16gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro series 2400Mhz (only been able to clock at 2100-2200mhz on multiple systems, i'm aware my rig doesn't support 2400mhz but we had it at 2100mhz on a system that supports 2800mhz and it's currently running at 2200mhz on my system according to CPU-Z)

If you have a question about memory, you need to identify the memory by part number or a link to it.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from catty : "New SSD - Still experiencing weird freezing"

If you have a question about memory, you need to identify the memory by part number or a link to it.

Solution