Question PC freezes then restarts multiples times per day

May 18, 2020
So, this has been happening for quite a while, but a week ago it started becoming more and more frequent. When I launch a resource intensive game such as Rust or GTA 5, everything runs as normal, but after a random time period (for me, 5 to 30 minutes), the whole PC (both screens) freeze, all sounds stop, and both screens go to black a few seconds later, the PC reboots. I've already tried with different sticks of RAM, same results. I don't have any other component to test, so I'll have to buy new / used ones which really sucks for my wallet.

I checked with program manager and afterburner, CPU temps are under 50°C under load (I have quite a beefy tower cooler) sitting at around 80 to 95% usage, GPU is at 70°C at around 50% usage, and the RAM is at 75% usage. The hard drives are pretty much idling.

For info I have an i5 4460, a Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB, two different 8GB sticks of DDR3 RAM (Ballistix and HyperX, brand doesn't matter since even with two other sticks, both from HyperX which worked perfectly in another PC, and both close to brand new, yet the problem keeps on occurring), a BeQuiet 450w PSU, and a couple of hard drives. Mobo is a MSI H81M-P33. I really need a solution as my PC is basically unusable at this point except for web browsing. Any help is appreciated. If anyone needs more details about specs or anything else, just ask.

RistiK

Prominent
Apr 16, 2020
So, this has been happening for quite a while, but a week ago it started becoming more and more frequent. When I launch a resource intensive game such as Rust or GTA 5, everything runs as normal, but after a random time period (for me, 5 to 30 minutes), the whole PC (both screens) freeze, all sounds stop, and both screens go to black a few seconds later, the PC reboots. I've already tried with different sticks of RAM, same results. I don't have any other component to test, so I'll have to buy new / used ones which really sucks for my wallet.

I checked with program manager and afterburner, CPU temps are under 50°C under load (I have quite a beefy tower cooler) sitting at around 80 to 95% usage, GPU is at 70°C at around 50% usage, and the RAM is at 75% usage. The hard drives are pretty much idling.

For info I have an i5 4460, a Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB, two different 8GB sticks of DDR3 RAM (Ballistix and HyperX, brand doesn't matter since even with two other sticks, both from HyperX which worked perfectly in another PC, and both close to brand new, yet the problem keeps on occurring), a BeQuiet 450w PSU, and a couple of hard drives. Mobo is a MSI H81M-P33. I really need a solution as my PC is basically unusable at this point except for web browsing. Any help is appreciated. If anyone needs more details about specs or anything else, just ask.
Did you try a fresh windows install?