[SOLVED] Pc freezes when playing games, sometime blue screen or I have to restart entire pc.

Dec 3, 2019
{my custom built pc}

I've been having this issue for a while , when ever I play any demanding games my pc ends up completely freezing and me having to restart it or sometimes the game crashes and give me a blue screen on or takes me back to the desktop. i've run memtest86 and I it passed with no error and ive also used windows 10 in built memory testor and it said it was fine. i've completely reset windows 10 and reinstalled it but it still crashes. I mainly play rocket league, battlefield 6, rainbow six siege, call of duty modern warfare. I've tried updating most of the drivers but im not sure if it is a driver issue or if its a hardware issue. Please help me I dont know jack <Mod Edit> about pcs and I just wanna play some games Q_Q. Thanks in Advance!

My Specs -

GTX 1080 8gb
16 gb hyper x ram (8gbx2)
600 watt psu (80 plus)
Asus b450-f motherboard
Ryzen 5 2600 cpu

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/649649850279002133/649649859850403845/unknown.png

some of the windows blue screen errors -
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (What failed - amdppm.sys)
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (What failed - nvlddmkm.sys)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sn3akr

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
As other say.. It does sound like your PSU. Your system shouldn't be pulling more than 400ish watt, but that is propably more than that PSU can reliably deliver without fluctuations.. I'd recommend a 700-800w PSU, as this would make you pull around 50% where most PSU's are pretty efficient!

You should never cheap out on the PSU, as nothing will work reliable if your PSU is bad. I'd rather save a bit on the MOBO (and not have to pay for features I don't need anyways.

Dec 3, 2019
Dec 3, 2019
As other say.. It does sound like your PSU. Your system shouldn't be pulling more than 400ish watt, but that is propably more than that PSU can reliably deliver without fluctuations.. I'd recommend a 700-800w PSU, as this would make you pull around 50% where most PSU's are pretty efficient!

You should never cheap out on the PSU, as nothing will work reliable if your PSU is bad. I'd rather save a bit on the MOBO (and not have to pay for features I don't need anyways.
which PSU would you recommend for my build and why, tbh ive watched a few youtube vids but they don't really explain why and which ones. pls and thanks!

Jan 2, 2020
I put up with my X470 mobo for 8 months until I sent it to ASUS they gave me a new one. I didn’t wait for their service dept. Instead I bought an ASUS X570 which took away all of my computer problems and it made my GPU work faster than ever. Have you replaced your X470 BIOS. Possibly buy an ASUS X570 which ever version you like and install it to see if all your problems go away, if not take it back.

H0PEFU11Y

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
I put up with my X470 mobo for 8 months until I sent it to ASUS they gave me a new one. I didn’t wait for their service dept. Instead I bought an ASUS X570 which took away all of my computer problems and it made my GPU work faster than ever. Have you replaced your X470 BIOS. Possibly buy an ASUS X570 which ever version you like and install it to see if all your problems go away, if not take it back.

OP states different mobo :)

Reactions: MICHAEL740