PC Freezing after Startup

Brian Kong

Honorable
Sep 9, 2014
My PC was doing fine for pass few days after installing fresh Windows 10 Home, while gaming no freezing or stuttering problem. After that, I was letting my PC to idle and I was away, when I’m back my PC is in Black Screen, NumLock light is on but keeps pressing it, it won’t function. Then I decided to force shutdown by holding on the power button.
The PC startup like normal, signing in to Windows like normal, but after few minutes it freeze and gone into black screen. It will always freezing and going black screen every time I restart the PC.
I scanned the RAM and my HDD which contains Windows 10, no error was found. After I pulled out my graphics card, the freezing problem gone.
Anyone here know what caused this to happen? Please help and thanks.

My PC specs

Intel i3-2100 @3.1GHz
Kingston 8GBx2 1333MHz RAM
GTX 1050 Ti Windforce OC
500GB Seagate HDD
Gigabyte PowerRock 420

Solution
Mhh... do you have a second gpu to hand that you can try with both pcs? Maybe the PSU is faulty and does not give the GPU a correct/ stable Voltage.

Edit: Your PSU is already like 8+ Years old. It came out, when PCIe 2.0 was still a thing and 3.0 wasnt even released... That was between 2007 and 2010 :D
You kinda solved this on your own already: After you took out the gpu everything was fine.
Your GPU is faulty and not working as it should anymore. if you have a seconds gpu to hand try that out and if you still have warranty on your 1050ti then send it back and let them repair it or send you a new one.
There is not a whole lot you can do other can swap GPU and hope you still have warranty.

Mhh... do you have a second gpu to hand that you can try with both pcs? Maybe the PSU is faulty and does not give the GPU a correct/ stable Voltage.

Edit: Your PSU is already like 8+ Years old. It came out, when PCIe 2.0 was still a thing and 3.0 wasnt even released... That was between 2007 and 2010 :D

Solution