Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
Motherboard: Msi X570 mpg gaming plus.
Psu: Corsair Rm750x.
Gpu: Gtx 1660 zotac twin fan.
Ram: Corsair Lpx 3000mhz 8x2.
Cpu: Amd Ryzen 3600.
Cpu Cooler: Dark rock Pro 4.

Hello, basically my PC randomly freezes and then the audio start buzzing I can't do anything then.. it happened while I was doing light work and it's not a thermal issue because I'm always monitoring my temperatures. The only way to fix it is to reset the PC. My Drivers are all up to date, my cpu is running at stock settings and my gpu is overclocked to a stable overclock with a maximum temperature of 70. I have stress tested everything without any crash and made sure that everything is seated properly... And since there's only a freeze and audio buzzing there's no crash dump or info to know the root of the problem.. What should I do?.

Thank you.

Solution
I'd reccomend you to disable xmp and see if it happens again. A friend of mine once attempted to use XMP and it caused the pc to not start. And I spent like 4 hours manually typing in timings to find one that'd run the ram at 2888

crazily

Prominent
May 27, 2018
Out of curiosity, Have you overclocked your ram? An instable ram overclock will cause the audio to buzz when the pc crashes because of the way a sound card operates.

crazily

Prominent
May 27, 2018
I'd reccomend you to disable xmp and see if it happens again. A friend of mine once attempted to use XMP and it caused the pc to not start. And I spent like 4 hours manually typing in timings to find one that'd run the ram at 2888

Solution

UncleFelow

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
Alright but then what's the point of buying expensive ram if I can't run it at the advertised speed and isn't there some way to create a freeze log to know what's making the problem exactly?.

crazily

Prominent
May 27, 2018
Some motherboards handle XMP profiles better than other motherboards. Also. While ryzen is really cool. It's waaaaaaay more picky about the ram so this is also why I'd think it to be the culprit. As for a freeze log. No. If the computer is frozen how is it going to create a log stating why the freeze happened?

UncleFelow

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
Some motherboards handle XMP profiles better than other motherboards. Also. While ryzen is really cool. It's waaaaaaay more picky about the ram so this is also why I'd think it to be the culprit. As for a freeze log. No. If the computer is frozen how is it going to create a log stating why the freeze happened?
Alright and can you tell how a GPU/CPU crash look like so I can differentiate between them?.

EDIT: I think I have found the root of the problem in the event viewer:

Log Name: System
Source: nvlddmkm
Date: 8/5/2019 9:15:44 PM
Event ID: 14
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Description:
The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
0cb5(2d50) 00000000 00000000

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Error 8/5/2019 9:15:44 PM nvlddmkm 14 None

Last edited: