Question PC freezing at BIOS screen

gabrieltkd95

Distinguished
May 1, 2016
Hello, I've been having this issue for some time now where my PC get stuck at the BIOS screen with the Asus's logo in it. I've noticed that neither of my keyboard and HDD start working when this happens but other thing like the mouse does light up. Also i must say that this happens from time to time, it's not every time I turn on the PC but it is completly random. CPU is not overheating or anything like that. OC is completle stable.

My PC's specs are:
CPU: i7 6700K 4.5@1.3V
Motherboard: Asus Z170 Por Gaming
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 Hyper X (No OC)
GPU: RTX 2060
PSU: 750W XFX XTR
SSD: 120 GB Hyper X
HDD: 1TB

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I haven't tried out that yet. But the PC starts just fine when y touch the reset button
An unstable OC could still cause this behaviour.
Whilst it might not be the OC, if there is one running, the first port of call usually is to disable it as it is ultimately running out of tested specification, so is one of the most common causes of various issues.

Are your RAM modules from the same pack?

gabrieltkd95

Distinguished
May 1, 2016
An unstable OC could still cause this behaviour.
Whilst it might not be the OC, if there is one running, the first port of call usually is to disable it as it is ultimately running out of tested specification, so is one of the most common causes of various issues.

Are your RAM modules from the same pack?
Yes, my RAM modules are exactly the same. I've tested them with the windows memory test and had no problems with it.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Oh i see. Well the PC is running fine apart from the issue that sometimes it doesn't want to turn on. So i think its ok to leave it like that right?
Again, I'd go through all my previous steps, presuming you don't want to do too much troubleshooting?

Unfortunately it's not an exact science, being as this is at BIOS, I'd be assuming it could well be hardware or firmware (including unstable OC). It's just a case of gradually eliminating the causes.

It probably won't cause harm to leave it, but until you know the cause, you don't know if something worse will happen eventually.