Question PC gets stuck on "Press F2 or DEL for UEFI Setup, press F11 for Boot Menu" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2023
Whenever I boot or restart my PC, it gets stuck on ASRock screen with:
" Press F2 or DEL for UEFI Setup, press F11 for Boot Menu ".

Half of the time, my keyboard is not even connected, and I need to reboot the PC in order to get into BIOS or boot menu. Whenever I save changes and exit bios, it just comes back to the original black screen. Whenever I select boot menu and select my SSD to boot, the screen just blacks out. However, when I wait for 30-40 minutes on the original black screen with my motherboard logo on it, my windows boots, and everything works just fine. I can run games, use browsers, and when I check task manager, the PC registers every single component.

I have confirmed that my boot option is prioritized to my ssd. Also, when I am in the original black screen, the red lights for VGA and boot are lit up on my motherboard, but they disappear once windows boots. I have tried unplugging all usbs when booting, and it still did not work. I can't seem to find a CMOS battery on my motherboard, so I've tried the method where you put a screwdriver on the 2 pins for CMOS reset, but am not sure if it worked. I have also tried resetting bios settings to default, but still doesn't work. As I do not want to wait 30-40 minutes every time to boot my windows up, please help me fix this issue.

PC components:
Ryzen 5 7600x
NVIDIA GeForce 4060ti 16gb ZOTAC Gaming
Deepcool AK 620 Digital (CPU cooler)
CORSAIR Vengeance 16gb RAM (5200MHz 8x2)
ASRock B650M PG Riptide Wifi (motherboard)
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB
Deepcool MATREXX 40 3fs (PC case)
MSI MAG A750GL (psu)

Sep 19, 2023
I encountered a new problem when trying to update bios. Whenever I try to update bios in the bios screen, it freezes in a screen saying Do not power off during UEFI update, with the bar and percentage also freezing. How do I fix this?

Mar 17, 2024
i have the same problem, vga and boot light on and stuck on the " Press F2 or DEL for UEFI Setup, press F11 for Boot Menu ". can't even access boot setting, nothing happens when a press f11

Status
Not open for further replies.