Pc goes into boot loop or no display

AlIs786

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
So my psu was damaged after a power outage... Just got a new one (corsair vs550).

Now i have another problem.

System goes into restart loop without displaying anything.. time between each loop is like 10 - 15 seconds.

After changing RAM positions, the system starts normally

When i placed my gtx 1070 into it ... it went into the loop again.. then i changed the Ram positions again and that made system to start

But everytime i hook up the monitor with gtx 1070, the system starts and keeps running (fans lights etc) but no display ... and when i remove 1070 and use motherboard's hdmi output... the system still would not display anything .. and then i change RAM positions again and it works fine ...

Seriously what is happening??

I also did a trick to know if the 1070 is damaged or not... i started the system through motherboards hdmi port and after loging in ... I disconnected the hdmi cable from motherboard and connected it to 1070... and it started displaying without a problem.

But after performing some normal operations.. i noticed that almost every software/application i use ends up in a "not responding" state..

And when i restart (or shutdown and start) my system, it either starts normally or goes into the loop or starts but doesn't display anything..

So what exactly is the problem?

Corrupted window?
Damaged motherboard?
Damaged gpu?
Damaged Ram or ram slots?
Damaged cpu?

Or the power supply (which i just bought) is defective?

Specs

i7 4790 3.6 ghz
Corsair vengeance 12 gb Ram (8+4)
Corsair vs550 psu
4 tb seagate barracuda 7200 rpm (1+3)
Windows 10 64 bit

I need some serious help :(

If the PSU was damaged after a power outage, usually it will damage other parts too. But in your case, you maybe fine, because you can use the PC with onboard iGPU.

Right now you bought the vs550, it is not the good one for your PC with the gtx1070. If you can test the gtx1070 in other PC with good PSU to see the 1070 works or not. Also if you had other GPU, try it. If other GPU works fine with your PC, and you will know the vs550 may have problem to power the gtx1070 or the gtx1070 had problem.

For reference: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html
And how to choose a PSU: http://www.tomshardware.com/t/power-supplies/

AlIs786

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
@cin19

I updated my gpu drivers a few hours ago... it was working flawlessly, now the hdd is sometimes is undetected and sometimes it works ok..

The problems are now

Sometimes pc starts without a RAM module and sometimes it starts with both sticks

Sometime goes into loop mode

Sometimes no display, but lights fans etc working.

TRENDING THREADS