Question PC Graphics card wont output any display.

CERTAIND3ATH

Commendable
Sep 14, 2021
so just the other day my PC is having an issue where it will not connect to any monitor, through my graphics card with Display cable and HDMI.

i was playing a game and everything was perfectly normal, when all 3 of my monitors turned black so i took my headset off and it sounded like one or two of the fans were going full blast, like something was overheating, i left it for a minute before pressing the power button once and letting it turn off. i turned it back on and it seemed to restart and turn on fine but my main monitor looked fuzzy and white streaks were flashing across and it was flashing on and off every few seconds, but my other two monitors were fine. i pressed the shutdown button in windows and trying to turn it on again will not output any display.
as far as i can tell, the graphics card is still getting enough power, the fans spin and it makes the same whining sound when its on. the motherboard does not beep, the error lights on the MB sometimes light up or flash, VGA lit up at one point as well as BOOT but it seems that none come on now.

when booting up the PC, it seems to start normally, but will not connect to any display. both display cables and HDMI monitors just remain back with no change or message, if i turn the monitors off and on it says no signal and goes back to black.

steps i took-
- Plugging in a new monitor with a new HDMI cable.
- Unplugging all cables and hold power button, letting it sit for a minute and plugging everything back in.
- Changing ports / changing monitor / changing HDMI cable.
- Attempting to use on board graphics (they wouldn't work either but they never did before this point so not much surprise.)
- Opened up the pc, took out the ram to see if the motherboard would send a beep error, it did.
- Took out the graphics card and tried on board graphics, no result.
- Thoroughly blasting ports and connectors with compressed air.
- Pressing the clear CMOS button and starting it up, nothing.
- Taking out the CMOS battery, waiting and minute before putting back in, nothing.

Specs -
- MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard
- Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
- GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS XS 6G OC
- G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory (4 sticks = 32 GB)
- Corsair RM850x (2018) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
- Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive
- Western Digital Black SN750 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (Two)
- Windows 10

i do not have another computer to test if the GPU will work in another system and my warranty is expired as well, as I built this PC almost 4 years ago.

TRENDING THREADS