[SOLVED] PC hangs but only after going into sleep/hibernate mode for the second time ?

Crystal52209

Honorable
Feb 13, 2016
I used to think my PC would randomly hang but I finally figured out it was only doing it after the PC would go into sleep or hibernate mode for the second time. When this happens I have to hold down the power button to shut it down so I can boot it back up again. When the hang up happens my mouse will still light up and the lights on my case will still be lit up but no response from the PC. Does anyone have any idea of what might be going on?

Cougar Panzer EVO
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
i5 9600K
MSI GTX 1660 TI 6GB
G.SKill Trident Z RGB (2x8GB)
MSI MPG Coreliquid K240
Raidmax Thunder V2 735W
ADATA SP550 240GB SATA III SSD
SanDisk Ultra Plus 128GB SSD
WD Blue 1TB HDD 7200 RPM
Windows 10
BIOS: 7B51v1D

Power Plan Settings:
Ultimate Performance
Turn off hard disk after: 0 min
Processor power management: min state - 100%, max state - 100%

Solution
Try returning your power settings to normal / balanced. Hard drive timeout set to the default 20 minutes, and the minimum CPU state at 5%. Also disable or revert any overlocking, if you've overclocked at all.

Next time it happens try the Windows Key + Control + Shift + B, see if it unhangs itself. Worth a try.

Also, have you tried a full OS reset yet?

Crystal52209

Honorable
Feb 13, 2016
I used to think my PC would randomly hang but I finally figured out it was only doing it after the PC would go into sleep or hibernate mode for the second time. When this happens I have to hold down the power button to shut it down so I can boot it back up again. When the hang up happens my mouse will still light up and the lights on my case will still be lit up but no response from the PC. Does anyone have any idea of what might be going on?

Cougar Panzer EVO
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
i5 9600K
MSI GTX 1660 TI 6GB
G.SKill Trident Z RGB (2x8GB)
MSI MPG Coreliquid K240
Raidmax Thunder V2 735W
ADATA SP550 240GB SATA III SSD
SanDisk Ultra Plus 128GB SSD
WD Blue 1TB HDD 7200 RPM
Windows 10
BIOS: 7B51v1D

Power Plan Settings:
Ultimate Performance
Turn off hard disk after: 0 min
Processor power management: min state - 100%, max state - 100%

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
Try returning your power settings to normal / balanced. Hard drive timeout set to the default 20 minutes, and the minimum CPU state at 5%. Also disable or revert any overlocking, if you've overclocked at all.

Next time it happens try the Windows Key + Control + Shift + B, see if it unhangs itself. Worth a try.

Solution

Crystal52209

Honorable
Feb 13, 2016

I'll try that. Hard drive was set to never because I used to have a problem with it randomly freezing up/restarting on me but that was a few years ago and just never tried switching it back after a few upgrades. I haven't done a full OS reset yet.. I'm trying to avoid it if possible lol