Question PC hangs on game and SSD disappears after hard restart ?

anik027

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2015
Config:
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k (Stock Speed)
Mobo: Biostar Z97x
Psu: Thermaltake Smart SE 630W
Ram: Avexir DDR3 16gb (4+4+8)
Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H5 (Universal probably)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050 ti (Either from Galax or Zotac)
HDD: Toshiba 500 GB 7200 RPM
SSD: HP EX900 M.2 500 GB

* I didn't find any driver for this SSD in HP's website.
* Interface of the SSD is PCI-Express 3(8Gb/s) x4, NVMe 1.3
** While my mobo supports - M.2 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s module and M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen2 x2 (10 Gb/s) - The M.2 slot supports M.2 Type 2242/2260/2280 SSD module.
* So even though the SSD can provide 2,100 MBps I can only get around 800+ MBps.

LOOKS VERY LONG? JUST READ THE LAST FEW LINES PLEASE FROM THE FIRST CHAPTER.

Just a week ago, I lost my 7 years old 2 TB HDD. Bought a HP EX900 M.2 500 GB PCIe NVMe Internal SSD. I never used any kind of SSD before in this system. After setting up the SSD with a new Windows 10 I installed few necessary drivers and app I need. Which took me the whole day. Next day I installed Apex Legends, opened it, waited for a while to let it get done with rendering (shaders I think). Then, when I pressed continue to get in the lobby, the whole system crashed with a BSOD of ''unexpected store exception''. It restarted automatically after collecting 100% data.

I tried again, and this time maybe there wasn't any BSOD or was with a different code (Cant remember correctly). Then after restart I tried to find out what is wrong and figured out I forgot to update windows. Well, after that, the game was playable without any issue. But after two days in the middle of a match, the game froze and no keyboard command worked, so I pressed the restart button and the SSD just disappeared. Had to reinstall the SSD. It happened again, So I had to reinstall the SSD again and thought there is always something wrong with Apex,

Maybe my old mobo with a new SSD is unable to coup up with each other and stopped playing it. Though I had this kind of crashes with HDD, but was always able to close the process without a restart. Meanwhile, I played Cities Skylines without any issues. Maybe also need to check with an offline fps game. Anyway, Since I thought that of apex,

so I downloaded PUBG. It ran fine at the beginning, finished the training without any issue. After that, I started a quick match, and jumped solo somewhere in the map, was just aiming for a building and waiting for the parachute to auto open. And when that happened, the game froze. Though this time the mouse cursor popped up, and I was able to move if. But was unable to close the game or open task manager with any keyboard commands. Eventually the mouse also stopped working and after a while the system took a restart and the SSD got disappeared again. While in apex it never happens that quickly. Looks more like a natural game crash.

Any idea what's happening here? It's a pia to reinstall the SSD since I need to release the GPU, open a motherboard cover to get to the SSD. Can it be possible that SSD is getting too hot and kicks itself out of the system? I cant see the temp while gaming and the SSD is located under a lid, and it's running with a stupidly hot 4790k CPU. Though the cpu temp never crossed 60C while those things happened.

Latest posts