Question PC hangs on shutting down screen ?

AngelWitch1986

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
For the 3rd time this week my computer gets stuck on the shutting down screen. At this point it has already powered off the keyboard and mouse, and so interacting with it is impossible but to power everything off.

When i turn it back on it does not start with the screen saying "improper shutdown" that you get when the lights go out, it just starts normally. I have no idea what might be causing this, as I have not installed any new programs for a while now.
Does anyone know what could be causing this? It doesn't happen every day.

Reactions: Mr. Smith

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

BIOS version for your motherboard? Age of the PSU apart from it's make and model?

AngelWitch1986

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
It happened another time after this, on 13th, when I got an error trying to plug in my webcam. After 2 crashes I plugged it in while it reloaded and it worked that way.
Then I had no crashes for a while, until yesterday.
Today the screen went black randomly, what the hell is going on?

AngelWitch1986

Reputable
Jul 28, 2019
Strange, it's gotten worse, yesterday and today my computer hanged about 10 mins after startup, yesterday with the paging error in non paged pool, today withuot even that.
I guess there is something that makes it hang like that, the problem is it can't even make a dump when that blue screen occurs because well, it hangs halfway through. URhghh...