[SOLVED] PC has been freezing and BSODing constantly while playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drapido

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
Ive been having this problem for a while now and ive tried a whole bunch of things to see if it works including reinstalling windows, reinstalling drivers , checking ram , replaced my hard drive however the issue still persists.
AFAIK the issue seems to be win32kfull.sys as when i used driver verifier it is what causes a bsod everytime.
Could someone please help me resolve this issue ?

PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: AMSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02)
RAM: ADATA Premier 8 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 288 PIN
GPU: Zotac GTX 1660 Super AMP
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 1TB
SSD: DATA Ultimate SU650 120GB 3D-NAND 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

Drapido

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022

Colif

Win 11 Master
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
copy/paste this command into window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
Then type SFC /scannow and press enter

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Drapido

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
copy/paste this command into window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
Then type SFC /scannow and press enter

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

For the repair windows image command this is what i got:
Path :
Online : True
ImageHealthState : Healthy
RestartNeeded : False

And this is SFC:
Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Heres a link to the minidump files:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aU9xV10UrcLRy15YTaNAj54cXN7I0NZM/view?usp=sharing

Drapido

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
is part of the windows kernel. If driver verifer is blaming parts of windows, I have to wonder.
What PSU do you have?
how did you check the ram?

Ive encountered a new kind of bug where i could run a game or some other load on the pc for hours with nothing happening and then the pc freezes minutes after i turn the game off

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/hstaw45o/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:021322-8000-01.dmp (Feb 12 2022 - 22:58:31)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: opera.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 20 Hour(s), 20 Min(s), and 35 Sec(s)

File information:021222-8359-01.dmp (Feb 12 2022 - 02:32:27)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (C4)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: OriginWebHelperService.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 28 Sec(s)

File information:021222-5734-01.dmp (Feb 12 2022 - 02:33:22)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: OriginWebHelperService.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 23 Sec(s)

File information:021222-5328-01.dmp (Feb 12 2022 - 01:19:09)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 33 Sec(s)

File information:021222-17125-01.dmp (Feb 12 2022 - 00:24:08)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 47 Sec(s)
Possible Motherboard page: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX
MSI are too lazy to link directly to downloads for their MBs. Search the site to see if there are any BIOS updates available. You are using version 3.B.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
just looking at victims makes me think its
May 24 2019rt640x64.sysRealtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver https://www.realtek.com/en/
Downlaod the Win10 Auto Installation Program (NDIS) from under windows header here - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

last 3 mention direct X but I am not sure that means its GPU drivers
try running ddu in safe mode and reinstall new GPU drivers - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

Drapido

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
just looking at victims makes me think its
May 24 2019rt640x64.sysRealtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver https://www.realtek.com/en/
Downlaod the Win10 Auto Installation Program (NDIS) from under windows header here - https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

last 3 mention direct X but I am not sure that means its GPU drivers
try running ddu in safe mode and reinstall new GPU drivers - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/
ive run ddu and it didn't do anything and neither did the realtek driver so i decided to reinstall windows from a usb.
in a clean install ive tried to launch rainbow six and it freezes the moment the loading screen pops up

Drapido

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
Last edited:

Drapido

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
aren't any real tests for GPU, mostly run benchmarks and see if you crash during them - not really scientific.

I will ask if anyone else has any ideas.
ok so i managed to launch rainbow six
and play the game for about three hours without any issues, but the system froze a few seconds after closing out of the game.

Drapido

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
passes memtest & Prime
Im not sure if it passed prime or not since it didn't have any problems while running it but my system froze a few seconds after exiting the program just like i reported with what happened in-game (played for a few hours without any issues but system froze a few seconds after exiting game).

Colif

Win 11 Master
it could be your PSU as it might be it doesn't cope with the way ryzen use power.

What ryzen CPU do is if you start a task, it will wake a core and run it at the speed needed to do task and once task is over, it will rush to idle again.
the power fluctuation could be all it takes to cause the errors. If it happens just after a game, it could be cause.

I asked someone about your PSU and they said its not very good, and it depends on its age too.

Those Thermalfake "Smart" series units are not the worst out there, but they are still the culprit a lot of the time and if they are more than a year or two old I'd probably convict them almost immediately. Doesn't mean it's the problem in this particular case, because that GTX 1660 shouldn't need anywhere near 600w, but if you've exhausted most of the rest of the common culprits it's probably at least a contributor to the problem. They should replace it anyhow as that PSU is one step above garbage.

You probably better off with something from Corsair or Seasonic.

Prime 95 can take a day or so to finish tasks. I would let it run and see if you crash while its running.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Can you run Userbenchmark and post a link to the results here? Want to see how different parts perform when loaded. It shows for instance how full the ssd is and how ram is utilized. You don't have a big ssd and just 8 gb of ram which by todays standards isn't that much anymore.

There is btw one newer bios, maybe it will help flashing that one.

Drapido

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
Can you run Userbenchmark and post a link to the results here? Want to see how different parts perform when loaded. It shows for instance how full the ssd is and how ram is utilized. You don't have a big ssd and just 8 gb of ram which by todays standards isn't that much anymore.

oooof I made in error in my post.
I have two 8 gb DIMMs not one
and i updated my bios yesterday however it did not change anything
Ill post a link asap

Last edited:

Drapido

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022

i bsoded in seconds with stopcode : memory management

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
My focus would be more on the ram. Yes that psu isn't the greatest example of quality, but should be fine for the parts you have.

It's up to you though. If you're gonna get a better psu do make sure it is really better quality, not just higher wattage which you don't need.

Reactions: Rexer

Drapido

Prominent
Feb 5, 2022
My focus would be more on the ram. Yes that psu isn't the greatest example of quality, but should be fine for the parts you have.

It's up to you though. If you're gonna get a better psu do make sure it is really better quality, not just higher wattage which you don't need.
UserBenchmarks: Game 63%, Desk 85%, Work 60%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 85.4%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660S (Super) - 71.5%
SSD: Adata SU650 120GB - 66.8%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (2016) - 99.9%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (2016) - 104%
RAM: Adata 1x8GB - 55%
MBD: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02)

i think you might be right with the ram being the culprit
I took one of the two sticks out and the test completed fine

Status
Not open for further replies.