Question PC Having problems with Riot Games exclusively

Mar 1, 2021
Since august 2020 my brother gave me all his old components since mine were already deteriorating badly, I went from AMD FX-8320 black edition to an Intel i5-2400, 8 gb of ram to 16 and obviously his motherboard too, I believe they are both Asus I didn't check. Ever since I swapped because my old components were overheating badly, I've had this problem with Riot Games completely freezing my PC and having me to force shut down as the only way to get out of it, It happens in League of Legends at least once every 4-5 matches right after the champion select in the client, as soon as the client closes and game is about to open, it will freeze completely. It made my start of the season really uncomfortable since I couldn't rank as I wanted and got penalized for AFK'ing in a lot of games(my hdd can't boot that fast so they would just remake), I got tired of it and I downloaded Valorant thinking that it was a LoL thing and for my surprise, it wasn't, after I completed the Valorant tutorial, before sending me to the menu screen it froze again and screwed me up, next time I booted the PC I noticed that in valorant it would happen 100% of the times I tried to open the game, right after the "warning - epilepsy" message it would freeze 100% of the times.

-Things I've tried:
  • Swapped all 4 ram sticks, left only 2 at some point, I was switching them everytime it would freeze, it got to the point I changed all 4 of my bro's rams for my old ones
  • I disconnected my HDD and plugged in my brother's SDD, still freezed on both of them
  • Re-installed LoL like 6-7 times now, same with valorant
  • Played other games for long sessions, among these are: Sea of Thieves(20+ hours), Minecraft(15+ hours), World of Warcraft(10+ hours)
  • Monitored all temps while playing every game, my pc ain't going up from 60 celsius at any given moment(only with Sea of Thieves it goes up to 65 sometimes)
  • Updated GPU drivers,
  • Ran multiple tests to GPU and CPU
  • Changed the SATA cable for my disk and also the slot it was connected into the mobo
  • Updated Windows 10 to it's latest version
  • Swapped the motherboard little battery(ran out of ideas)

-My pc current specs:

CPU: Intel i5-2400
RAM: 16 gb DDR3 1333 mhz
GPU: EVGA GTX 960 4GB SSC
Mobo: Asus P8H67-M Evo

-Things to mention:
  • I dont have 360 security(I saw on reddit that it was causing valorant problems)
  • It literally only happens with these two games(haven't tried any other Riot game like legends of runaterra, should probably try)
  • There isn't a "pattern" of when it's going to happen, as of right now it has happened to me already over 30 times from november-till today and each time I've had to force shut down, I don't ever know when it's going to happen I just assume it
A friend of mine that knows more than I do says it has to be a software problem since it doesn't happens with any other game but that it could also be a hardware one, he doesn't knows because he hasn't seen something like this before. Anything you all would like to know if it's not in the post already, feel free to ask and give me ideas, I'll try anything.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you check and see what BIOS version you're currently on for your motherboard? Did you reinstall the OS after the migration to the pseudo new parts? Also, did you reinstall the OS after creating the installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? For the sake of relevance, what OS version are you on? Are all the sticks of ram on your build, the same make and model? Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Mar 1, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you check and see what BIOS version you're currently on for your motherboard? Did you reinstall the OS after the migration to the pseudo new parts? Also, did you reinstall the OS after creating the installer using Windows Media Creation Tools? For the sake of relevance, what OS version are you on? Are all the sticks of ram on your build, the same make and model? Make and model of your PSU and it's age?

Picture of my system info, I didn't reinstall the OS, I also didn't even knew what Windows Media Creation Tools is and my window's version is 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804). At some point when I had only 2 sticks of ram at once they were both Kingston's HyperX Fury 4gb but now they are sorta mixed up, don't know the branding of the other 2.

[Edit]: I couldn't paste the image on the reply so I had to create a link to the imgur URL.