Pc is all of a sudden running slowly.

canIbeOG

Reputable
Dec 15, 2016
Hello, my pc was able to run almost any game on high settings at the lowest of 60 fps. I took about a week off from my pc and i came back and now it is running on 40 fps with the same settings. Not sure where to start. Thank you for the help!

MART3R

Honorable
Sep 26, 2016
Assuming you have an Nvidia GPU;
First thing you have to do is reinstall graphics drivers, its unlikely but possible that your drivers became outdated in the short time you were away.
Here is a video tutorial if you need a walkthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ7lF-rrJrA

Next, tell your graphics card to run at full power:
To change this setting, with your mouse, right-click over the Windows desktop and select "NVIDIA Control Panel"
-> from the NVIDIA Control Panel, select the "Manage 3D settings" from the left column
-> click on the Power management mode drop down box and select "Prefer Maximum Performance"

You should also tell your cpu that it is allowed to use full power by going into Control Panel under the Power Options and setting it to High Performance.
*Both these tweaks are safe and are NOT overclocking*
Doing these three steps will boost your performance, your computer will be running at it's full potential.

Hope this helps, good luck.

canIbeOG

Reputable
Dec 15, 2016

Thank you so much i will try all of this now.

canIbeOG

Reputable
Dec 15, 2016

Hi, when i right click over the windows desktop there is no nvidia control panel option.

MART3R

Honorable
Sep 26, 2016

What model graphics card are you using?