[SOLVED] PC is freezing/lagging and hard disk problems

Ananas_XD

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
So, the problem I keep getting a freeze for 2-5 secs on windows 10 everything opens so slow and sometimes the freeze getting so long like 1 min and after it, the "blue screen of death" shows, it says UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION.

I have also another OS installed in another Partition which is Phoenix OS, and I found the same problem on it, a lot of freezes.
I tried chkdsk but still.
and sometiles I can't even boot to windows it says no os installed.

I'm thinking to format the PC and reinstalle Windows to solve the problem, but I don't think it gonna work since the issue also in PhoenixOS ?

I'm confused please help!

Solution
Maybe the HDD is soon to be dead. You can check with some software that support reading s.m.a.r.t. values and then paste at here.
Normally, Linux distros does have a nice tool called "Disks" included, where you get a graphical overview of partitions and also ability to view the s.m.a.r.t. data of the disk. I don't know if this tool or something similar is included in PhoenixOS.
Maybe the HDD is soon to be dead. You can check with some software that support reading s.m.a.r.t. values and then paste at here.
Normally, Linux distros does have a nice tool called "Disks" included, where you get a graphical overview of partitions and also ability to view the s.m.a.r.t. data of the disk. I don't know if this tool or something similar is included in PhoenixOS.

Solution

Ananas_XD

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019

I used Active SMART.
HfE6aw.jpg

YKt0SE.jpg

Well, that is odd. I'd expect "Reallocated sectors count" to increase, not decrease. You may try another program for reading s.m.a.r.t. values and see if it repports the same.

You may try the program CrystalDiskInfo to see if it repport the same values - and read the same conclusion.

Memtest is a program that does not run under windows. You find Memtest as a standalone disk image (to burn to cd or as a bootable usb pen drive), or you can get it from Ultimate Boot CD toolkit. You'll also find it under boot menu in most of the known Linux Iso images.

Ananas_XD

Prominent
Jun 21, 2019
Yes, I just tried CrystalDiskInfo and it reported the same values.
And the Reallocated Sectors Count (Current/Worst/Threshold) values decreases, and RAW VALUES increases.

Current/Worst/Threshold :
G5JAJm.jpg

-New value changed to 13 just now while typing this message

RAW VALUES :

5vcH11.jpg

I think this is a bad signs for the disk to get lost soon, the Reallocated Sectors Count values decreases so fast.