luzhun

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
Hello. I am not sure what it could be.. the CPU is only running at 10% and RAM is not even being half used.. The graphics card handles the game really well and everything is super responsive while in the game.. If I happen to minimize the game to do something else, the mouse pointer itself begins to fade away at times while taking a few seconds to reappear and currently show where it is at. Clicking may not be instantaneous either.. trying to start up something else puts a toll on the system as well and takes almost 30 seconds..

Performance sounds like it is not being distributed properly among the components to take full advantage of the resources somehow. It is acting like the game is taking full priority of the system resources.. I believe I had not changed the OS settings to do this..

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4GHz (Quad-core with enabled hyperthreading).
RAM: 1866MHz GSkill (32GB) RAM
Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 970Ti (4GB of VRAM)
Game: ESO (Elder Scrolls Online)

Any suggestions on what to check for is much appreciated. Thank you.

gn842a

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
I was having mouse and keyboard issues, in my build they connected through the monitor. I took out the DVI-D and all of a sudden a lot of weirdness went away. For example, occasionally my mouse would lose its arrow shape and look like a car radiator. It would reset with a reboot.

All of this went away when displayport went in and DVI-D came out. It is "worth a shot". Cables are often a problem but we tend to focus on drivers and UEFI/BIOS settings and all kinds of other things. And sometimes those other things are what's wrong.

But we don't usually start thinking about cables till LAST, and their contribution to malfunction might actually be a bit higher up the hierarchy than that.

You didn't give DDR level of your RAM hopefully it is compatible with your mobo.

Greg N

luzhun

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
Thanks for the reply. It is getting a little better now. At least the mouse pointer is not disappearing like it was.. Things are still slow though when minimizing. The RAM is DDR3 and all 4 slots are being used I do believe. No DVI cables here, straight HDMI 2.0. When I upgrade again, I am considering Display Port as the go to upgrade. I am wondering if OLED monitors would be even better.