[SOLVED] PC is not booting after a bad fall.

Garemo

Reputable
Jun 2, 2020
So my PC fell from my desk while it was running and ever since it's not able to boot up.
I did the pin test to my PSU and the fans were spinning which clarified that the PSU is fine. I also tried taking out the CMOS battery and putting it back but still not working. Does this mean that the motherboard is dead?

So my PC fell from my desk while it was running and ever since it's not able to boot up.
I did the pin test to my PSU and the fans were spinning which clarified that the PSU is fine. I also tried taking out the CMOS battery and putting it back but still not working. Does this mean that the motherboard is dead?
No.

I would disconnect everything that can be disconnected and reconnect everything and try it.

Reseat all the cards....the CPU....all the plugs....anything you can find...then try it.

When you say it doesn't boot up, do you see any video output on your monitor? Can you list all your hardware including hard drives.

Garemo

Reputable
Jun 2, 2020
When you say it doesn't boot up, do you see any video output on your monitor? Can you list all your hardware including hard drives.
Absolutely no power, nothing is showing.
I5 6500
MSI B150 Gaming M3
GTX 1060
FSP 600W power supply.
8 gigs of Kingston HyperX ram DDR4
1TB Blue Caviar WD