PC is running but monitor doesn't

zzeven

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016
Monitor makes a short beep then repeats. After a while (1-2 hours) it makes a longer beep.After that im shutting down the PC and then the monitor runs to. What's the problem with it?

Aofekiko

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016

i ment if you know the model of the monitor, its name, the company... stuff like that, and try looking for similiar problems people had with this specific monitor,
and another thing to check if your screen is broken, most monitors have some kind of buttons on the side or the back to controll the options, if you use them, is the screen showing a window or something like that?

zzeven

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016
4-5 years but after like 1-2 hours it starts to make a.long beep after that i turn it off and its shows like digital, analog and when i power it on again it works

Aofekiko

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016

are you mooving the monitor by chance, many monitors have a really bad conection with the cable and every tiny movement can destroy the link between the power and the monitor or the link between the cable from the pc to the monitor. and can you explain the "digital analog" is it wavey or sqares?
http://

Aofekiko

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016

i not sure, but if you have a spare cable try using your spare one, see if that changes anything.
if the monitor supports more than one type of cables, for example vga and hdmi and you are using hdmi, try vga, see if that works, i know vga is really bad but if it works then untill you will get another monitor you can work with that.
Another thing is, dont move it at all. do a test to your monitor. go watcha movie or something like that so you can keep a close eye on your monitor, while not getting bored and not touching the monitor at all, if you want to the test to be accurate as possible, do not even touch the table, you need to find the problem by the prosses of elemination. so slowly we are getting there.

basicly:
step one: spare cable
not working?
step two: another type of cable
not working?
step three: not moving/ touching the monitor at all for 1-3 hours while it is working (not idle on the desktop)

Aofekiko

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016

It is probobly the window when it's not getting any signal and tries to looks afor any other signal, analog, digital or both http://
the picture willl explain it
basicly, analog is really bad compared to digital.

zzeven

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016
Im usein a dvi adaptor to vga because my video card has only that and dvi-i . But how after 1-2 hours the beeping gets longer and after that starts?

Aofekiko

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016

As i said i assume it is the screen loosing connection with the cable,
another possibility is that the power supply is the problem, and that every little beep the the screen trying to turn on but runs out of power, but when you have a long beep it turns on because it has power and the beeping does not stop so it makes the beep soud like a long one but actually its just that the short beeps are the problem (all that according to searching common problems with the Samsung SyncMaster 940Bf :D
anyway, its a sighn to buy a new screen, most monitors last for 6 years max. so your monitor did his fair share

Aofekiko

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016

by power supply i dont mean the PC's power supply, the external pwer supply, the big heavy box on the power cable of the monitor, according to what i saw, the monitor has an external power supply... am i wrong?

Aofekiko

Commendable
Apr 1, 2016

try the 3 steps I tolled you to try, if that does not work then you can try getting yourself another power cable with the same voltage and specs, but if you do that i just reccomend buying a new monitor, a new cable for such an old monitor will be hard to find

TRENDING THREADS