Pc is Unresponsive after powering on.

Davidc96728

Prominent
Aug 7, 2017
So, I just put a new graphics card into my desktop PC.

After doing so and flipping the power switch on the power supply. The computer automatically turned on, all of the fans sounded like they were running at full blast, with the exception of those on the graphics card itself. There is no post boot beeps and I am getting no signal to the monitor. From neither the onboard inputs nor the one on the graphics card itself.

Also the power button is unresponsive, the only way for the PC to be powered down in this to unplug it or flip the switch on the power supply. And when is plugged in the PC immediately powers on by itself. I have tried switching back to my old GPU, and even that has the same results as with the new one.

Lutfij

Titan
1| When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

2| You might also want to include the old GPU as well in case you had one prior to the new GPU introduction.

3| Have you made sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date?

4| Have you made sure you uninstalled the previous drivers from your system with DDU before you dropped in your new GPU?