BANNED
Jan 13, 2022
GPU: gtx 1660 super ventus oc
CPU: Ryzen 2600 stock cooler temps never exceed 60C
psu 550 or650w dont really remember chieftec atx proton
M.2 SSD: Crucial P2 500gb
Win 10 pro
MOBO: Asrock b450m pro4-f

Hello, I've got an issue that I haven't figured out in more than a year.

To start with, PC as far as I remember always had stability issues, crashes during games, BSODs without a reason with different messages every time. It can be crashing multiple times a day or a month or week later it is stable.

Changed windows like 5 times, various drivers, cleared CMOS, etc... Ran memtest86 for 6-8 hours, ran crystaldiskmark and prime 95. First time I turned on prime95 system BSODed, after that I ran multiple tests on different days 8 hours long and it didn't crash. What's funny is that after 8 hours of testing it showed no errors, I played some games and turned of PC, then it BSODed while turning off:D I checked CPU pins, they're fine.

I still have a couple of months of warranty on everything but I can't figure out what is causing this.

Here is a list of some BSOD errors:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
event_tracing_fatal_error

Probably there was a bigger variety of errors but I can't find em all after changing windows. Thanks everyone for your help!!

shizoid

BANNED
Jan 13, 2022
"psu 550 or650w dont really remember chieftec atx proton"

That needs replacing for a start, it's junk: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/who-is-oem-for-this-one.3335950/

It's not fit for purpose and definitely not for a gaming build.
Well, I am low on budget and I don't want to throw away this psu just because it is not the best out there. Are you sure that issue is related to psu and not anything else? I did not ever have it completely shutdown for no reason, it is always BSOD with some kind of error code that doesn't really lead to psu

"Are you sure that issue is related to psu and not anything else? "

Everyone asks that question when we tell them the PSU is suspect, and that's very understandable.

But there is no way to be sure it's the PSU until you change it for a better quality one, but I am sure your existing PSU is garbage and needs to be changed.

shizoid

BANNED
Jan 13, 2022
"Are you sure that issue is related to psu and not anything else? "

Everyone asks that question when we tell them the PSU is suspect, and that's very understandable.

But there is no way to be sure it's the PSU until you change it for a better quality one, but I am sure your existing PSU is garbage and needs to be changed.
Okay, thanks for an answer, I will consider it. By the way, idk if it makes any difference but is one of the newer models of proton series:
Chieftec PROTON BDF-600S. That topic you sent me is about older models, although I don't know whether or not anything has changed.

Okay, thanks for an answer, I will consider it. By the way, idk if it makes any difference but is one of the newer models of proton series:
Chieftec PROTON BDF-600S. That topic you sent me is about older models, although I don't know whether or not anything has changed.

The newer BDF-S models are in Tier C in our PSU Tier List

As you will see, Tier C PSUs are only recommended for "Cheap mid/low-end systems" (so not for a gaming PC).

shizoid

BANNED
Jan 13, 2022
The newer BDF-S models are in Tier C in our PSU Tier List

As you will see, Tier C PSUs are only recommended for "Cheap mid/low-end systems" (so not for a gaming PC).
PSU not recommended, trash, garbage, etc... How is it connected to the topic? You made no effort to diagnose a problem. Didn't ask for any logs or minidump, didn't even notice that I forgot to list ram which is the main suspect. Memory compatibility, ssd logs? I understand that it is not your problem but if you're not ready to provide with any usefull information, why bother saying people that they should purchase something completely unnecessary?

Mod Edit - Language

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.