[SOLVED] PC keeps crashing after a few minuts of bootup. Sometimes gives BSOD.

Sep 24, 2020
Hey everyone I just assembled a new PC, following is my configuration:
Ryzen 9 3900XT
NZXT x53 cooler
Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite wifi Motherboard (F20)
32 GB GSkill Ripjaws memory, (XMP enabled 3200 MHz) (16gb x2) (installed in a2 and b2)
Seagate Firecuda 520 512 GB m.2 SSD
Nvidia GTX 1080
Corsair CX750M
NZXT H510 case

I assembled the system out of the case to see if it posts and it did.
Everything seems correct in BIOS.

I did a fresh install of Windows after assembling all the components inside the case.

Every time I boot into windows, the PC crashes after a few minutes. It takes 3-5 minutes this way.
The problem is I am not able to download and install anything because of such a small time frame.

What can be wrong here? What am I missing?

EDIT: The error I get when there's a BSOD is "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT"

Last edited:
Solution
2 more bios versions since then, they up to F30. I have same motherboard, on F20 myself.

try running with 16gb of ram? see if it makes any difference.

What BSOD code are you getting? same each time?

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

is ram on https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_x570-aorus-elite-wifi_matisse_191231_v2.pdf (I assume Matisse 2 CPU are on...

Colif

Win 11 Master
2 more bios versions since then, they up to F30. I have same motherboard, on F20 myself.

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

is ram on https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_x570-aorus-elite-wifi_matisse_191231_v2.pdf (I assume Matisse 2 CPU are on same list)

Does it BSOD in safe mode?
On logon screen, open the power menu on bottom right
with left shift held down, click restart button.
this restarts PC in advanced startup

or if you in windows

go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button

choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose startup options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

if it BSOD in safe mode its unlikely to be windows.

Where did you get installer from? Did you make a new one using Windows 10 media creation tool? I am not sure how new the OEM installer is.

Reactions: shrikster9
Solution
Sep 24, 2020

is ram on https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_x570-aorus-elite-wifi_matisse_191231_v2.pdf (I assume Matisse 2 CPU are on same list)

Does it BSOD in safe mode?
On logon screen, open the power menu on bottom right
with left shift held down, click restart button.
this restarts PC in advanced startup

or if you in windows

go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button

choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose startup options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

if it BSOD in safe mode its unlikely to be windows.

Where did you get installer from? Did you make a new one using Windows 10 media creation tool? I am not sure how new the OEM installer is.

Updating BIOS to F30.
Yes RAM is on https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_x570-aorus-elite-wifi_matisse_191231_v2.pdf
Code:
3200 G.SKILL 8GB F4-3200C16D-16GVKB DS 16-18-18-38 1.35v V V V v 2133
Will check the safe mode right away.
Yes, I got the installer from Windows 10 media creation tool, have used to same for my previous PC recently.