PC keeps crashing/restarting, Is my PSU faulty?

Jun 11, 2018
im having a problem where my pc randomly restarts when i play games
ive already tried updating everything and checking the temprature and it seems fine
what i got from my search is that maybe my psu might be faulty but i dont want to spend the money yet until im 100% sure

The PSU i use is Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500w

my pc specs:
AMD Ryzen 3 1200
Nvidia GTX 1050
Msi B350 PC mate
8gb ddr4 dual channel RAM

Jun 11, 2018
I might of had the same problem as you before, so I might be able to help you.
How many times does your pc randomly restart after it started up? once, twice?

EDIT: maybe you could check your RAM by testing it before actually removing it you can do this by typing this in the search bar mdsched.exe
just press restart the computer to run the tool and then windows should test the memory

The thing that worked for me personally was to remove the RAM sticks and put them back in, maybe even switch eachothers slots, of course before doing this remember to touch your PSU that is switched off that is plugged into the wall, and if your not willing to take out the RAM sticks for some reason then you could just press on them a bit to see if they are in correctly.

This fixed my random restarts unintentionally, because I was looking for fixes of a bluescreen, untill eventually my dad told me could be my RAM, and ofcourse after some removing and re-inserting of RAM sticks, the blue screens stopped.
For some reason my random restarts dissapeared aswell only happening once a couple days later, but other than that around 1-2 months later that is still the only random restart I have experienced.

This might not work for you but there's nothing wrong with trying it out rather than not doing it.
About your PSU being the problem, is something I'm not sure about because I'm not really an expert, but if the suggestion I gave you doesn't work I'm sure someone else from this site knows a fix or is able to help you :)

Jun 11, 2018
alright ive tried your advice but i dont know if it worked because the crashes happen at random
thanks for the advice!

Jun 11, 2018
That sucks I'd suggest looking around the forums a bit for people with the same problem, maybe one of those solutions will work, I will search for some other solutions aswell tomorrow.
I also would like to know how many times your pc restarts in your gaming sessions and if it usually happens pretty quick or after some time in the gaming sessions, because it might just be your PSU not supplying enough power to your components, although 500 watts should be plenty for your rig, your PSU might not be able to give that amount continuous but rather for a short while, but I'll do some digging about that tomorrow, because I'm going to sleep soon so ye

Jun 11, 2018
ive found the problem why my system keep crashing!
the problem was actually my super old Monitor i wanted to use as a temporary one because i didnt have the money to get another at the time!

thanks to die_magische_zwiebel for trying to help as much as possible!