[SOLVED] PC keeps dead locking

Jul 30, 2021
Hello,

My computer keeps completely locking up shortly after startup. It started as occasional Machine Check Exception BSODs then became more and more frequent. Now I don’t even get a BSOD, the PC locks up completely. I’m unable to move the mouse and the caps/num lock keys don’t illuminate their LEDs on the keyboard.

Ive tried reinstalling windows, swapping my motherboard with a brand new one, thoroughly cleaning my case of any dust multiple times, testing all fans/power supply, and completely reinstalling windows while wiping my drives.

My current installed specs are:
i7-9700k cpu
GeForce RTX 2060 Super gpu
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus Mobo
3x Patriot Viper Steel 8GB DDR4 RAM
Corsair RM650X Power Supply
Windows 10 installed on Samsung 250GB SSD
1 TB HDD for general storage

At this point I’m completely out of ideas. In an hour or so I’m planning on going out and getting a new SSD to try installing windows on.
Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Solution
So memtest one stick at a time. If one of the sticks is bad that should show pretty quickly. 16gb of ram is plenty for gaming really. But a 16gb set can be found for about 60-70 if having more ram means a lot to you.
Jul 30, 2021
I re ran the memory test most of today with the HDD unplugged. I ran it with all 3 sticks installed then again on each individual stick. I did get one error during the long test of all 3 but was not able to recreate it.
Then I installed two sticks at a time and powered on my pc to see if I still got the dead locking. I repeated this 3 times using different combinations of the RAM sticks I have and the system deadlocked each time.