Question PC keeps hard restarting

beywatch

Commendable
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all.

I have recently bought a new GPU, a Gigabyte Eagle OC RTX 3060, and whenever I start a game (such as Elden Ring) my PC hard restarts. No blue screen or no warning, it just shuts down with the GPU light and mobo light still on and restarts as if you clicked on restart. I used DDU to clean out old drivers and install the newest one from NVIDIA. I reseated my GPU power cable and found that in the 6+2 pin connector, the 2pin wasn't in and clicked all the way. So I reseated those cables firmly as well. I started the same game again for less than 4 mins and it crashed. Prior to this I was running Adobe Audition for 1hr+, ran a different game for about 10 mins just to test. Is there anything else im missing besides a faulty GPU or the game itself is bugged? I need help.

My specs:
MB: B450 Tomahawk Max
GPU: Gigabyte Eagle OC RTX 3060
RAM: 16GB
PS: EVGA 750+W
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 core
Storage: 1tb HD, 250gb SSD, 500gb M.2

Reactions: Kazuzu
Apr 23, 2022
Hello all.

I have recently bought a new GPU, a Gigabyte Eagle OC RTX 3060, and whenever I start a game (such as Elden Ring) my PC hard restarts. No blue screen or no warning, it just shuts down with the GPU light and mobo light still on and restarts as if you clicked on restart. I used DDU to clean out old drivers and install the newest one from NVIDIA. I reseated my GPU power cable and found that in the 6+2 pin connector, the 2pin wasn't in and clicked all the way. So I reseated those cables firmly as well. I started the same game again for less than 4 mins and it crashed. Prior to this I was running Adobe Audition for 1hr+, ran a different game for about 10 mins just to test. Is there anything else im missing besides a faulty GPU or the game itself is bugged? I need help.

My specs:
I can totally understand the emotions having a brand new GPU so let's come to the point brother I will advice you should check other newer demanding titles on your PC and run them for longer time to see the performance and check the issue still present or not other than that if it is still there then you should return the GPU if it is warranty

Apr 23, 2022
Hello all.

My specs:
I also have another solution for you if you are interested so you can also try that

Apr 23, 2022
Hello all.

My specs:
I also have another solution for you if you are interested so we
i am open to any & all solutions. i will try & run another demanding title though
Another solution is that after you check the demanding titles results on your PC if the problem is still there then you should check with another power supply because in many cases hard restart of PC can result due to faulty PSU and you can also troubleshoot in such way that you can load the game in low resolution and settings and it won't restart the way it is doing

Oct 27, 2023
Hello all.

My specs:
Hey just wanted to know if you found any solution to your problem because my situation is the same as yours.

TRENDING THREADS