[SOLVED] PC keeps shutting down when moved

Dec 20, 2020
My PC I built keeps shutting down and restarting whenever I move it to plug something in. I don't know if something inside is short circuiting cause everything looks fine. I have gone run tests on every component and everything looks good. Also the PC is only 5 or 6 months old. Any advice is really appreciated!

Specs

AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Corsair Vengeance pro 32GB

Asus tuff gaming wifi motherboard

NZXT kraken Z63 280 mm

Samsung 970 EVO plus SSD 1T

Solution
OP, other than trying to connect and reconnect the power leads, I'd try intentionally nudging and/or tugging lightly connectors when the system is on. The the main power cable itself big 24 pin, 8 pins for CPU up top, ,and PCIE power. In that order. Throw in the SATA (both power and data) for good measure.

Alternatively, also nudging at whatever connections I have to the PC: USB devices, audio jack(s), and whatnot. Tinker around with each connection to see which one is shorting or otherwise causing issues.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have the power cables got enough length to reach power board without unplugging when you move it?

what case is it?

how do you move case? I have my case set up so back of it faces me so i don't have to move pc to plug things in.

I would make sure PSU cables attached to motherboard firmly.

Dec 20, 2020
Yup everything has been securely connected to the motherboard and the power cables have more than enough length. I checked and it all looks good.

I tend to pick up the case just enough that I can rotate the PC enough for me to plug/unplug things. I'm always extremely carful with my PC.

I have the NZXT H510 Elite case. I also forgot to mention my what my power supply is. My power supply is the Corsair RM750.

When I first built this PC I had a similar issue where it would just restart by itself at random times with an error code that unfortunately I forget. I was able to fix it by reinstalling windows and now recently I started getting this problem. I though it was the same problem at first but I don't have any error codes from windows so I'm assuming that this is some kind of hardware problem.

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
OP, other than trying to connect and reconnect the power leads, I'd try intentionally nudging and/or tugging lightly connectors when the system is on. The the main power cable itself big 24 pin, 8 pins for CPU up top, ,and PCIE power. In that order. Throw in the SATA (both power and data) for good measure.

Alternatively, also nudging at whatever connections I have to the PC: USB devices, audio jack(s), and whatnot. Tinker around with each connection to see which one is shorting or otherwise causing issues.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS