PC keeps turning off under loads

CGallant55

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015
My computer keeps turning off whenever I try to run a game. My cosair 600w psu broke even though my system only gets 350w at most. I replaced it with the psu that came with my case and its 500w. The pc can turn on and stuff now but whenever I try to play a game it shutsdown and I have to reset it. I thought it might be the psu or heating problem. My specs are as follows: Case: Thermaltake w/500w psu (dont know exact model)
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 760 Windforce ed.
CPU: AMD FX-6300
SSD: Kingston 120gb ssd
HDD: WD 1tb 7200rpm
MOBO: ASUS M7A5AE LE I think
with the stock cpu cooler and front fan only.
If I could get any help it would be appreciated

CGallant55

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015

No, which sucks but would you have any idea why my cosair psu failed?

How did it fail? Just failed to turn on or blew up or...

utgotye

Admirable
My guess is because it's a low end Corsair, CX series probably, and they have cheap caps in them. That's why it's priced as it is. The only reason I own one is because I needed a PSU and I got it practically free after discounts and rebates. I don't trust anything important to it though, just my media server.

CGallant55

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015
[/quotemsg]
How did it fail? Just failed to turn on or blew up or...[/quotemsg]

Pretty much I was playing a game and it turned off all the sudden and wouldn't turn back on when i tried. I tried resetting it, using a different wall socket etc. Then I tried the psu that came with the case and it works but keeps turning off under load.

CGallant55

Reputable
Jun 30, 2015

yeah its a CX600M, that might be it. Based on my system, could you recommend a psu for me (wattage, brand etc.)?

TRENDING THREADS