[SOLVED] PC keeps waking up/Not asking for password.

Jan 27, 2019
Hello all,

I'm having these problems with my PC and they're driving me crazy and can't find a fix for. First, PC keeps waking up every few minutes or at random. I've tried every thing to find what's waking it up. Powercfg - lastwake shows 0. There are no "wake timers" scheduled. Mouse, LAN... are set up not to wake PC in Power Management - but somehow the mouse actually still wakes up the PC if I move it. In Event Viewer, in Wake Source it says "Power Button" !! How's the power button waking up the PC (desktop) if I don't touch it ?

Second problem. The PC is set up to require a password after it wakes up from sleep but it actually doesn't ask for password every time. A few times it will ask for one and then the next few times it won't !! The "Require Password...." is still checked in the settings !

Scanned PC for viruses, malware..., nothing.

Any idea what's going on here ?

Thanks.

Solution
Odd shot but you may give it a try, that wake setting may have been caused by your mobo. Enter your BIOS and check if Wake on LAN/USB/Peripherals are on. Alternatively if you have the ErP option switching it on also does the work.

howtobeironic

Honorable
Jun 16, 2018
Odd shot but you may give it a try, that wake setting may have been caused by your mobo. Enter your BIOS and check if Wake on LAN/USB/Peripherals are on. Alternatively if you have the ErP option switching it on also does the work.

Solution