Raerayu

Honorable
Nov 26, 2015
For around 2 months now i've had very bad input lag in my PC, it started on Windows 10 and I moved down to 8.1 and it made it slightly better, however 8.1 gave me input lag mainly when I see people in games instead of 24/7. So I moved to 7 and the same problem occurs.

I've tried dozens of GPU drivers, I tried a whole new CPU and still had the problem, I tried a new GPU and had it still (however the gpu used was slow so that could be why), I have also rearranged my Ram around and tried different sticks.

Here is my latest userbenchmark : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15098647

Here is my userbenchmark from before I had issues : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/7838495

Parts say they are running perfectly fine, don't mind the ram it worked last time I think it's because of me switching them around. My temps are more than fine, never breaking 60C.

My CPU Usage is slightly higher on the 1st one because I was a little busy at the time but it should be fine.

Raerayu

Honorable
Nov 26, 2015
Did you mix the RAM? What do you class as input lag? Is it game specific? Have you got V-Sync disabled both in game and in Nvidia settings?
I did mix the ram, my input lag is not game specific and seems to happen when seeing enemies like in Overwatch, CS:GO, and Apex Legends. I tried a really old R9 280x card and it yielded different results but other problems as well, so i'm not sure if it's the card. I tried my i5-6600 and also had problems. I have V-Sync off in Nvidia and in-game.

menlui

Respectable
Jul 18, 2018
So the RAM should stay in the pairs you bought it in, i.e. first pair in slots A1 and B1 (first and third/second and fourth) or whatever config you MOBO states if they weren't bought in pairs they will all be running at the slowest ones speed, your userbenchmark test suggest xmp profiles might not be on have you checked?

If you've tried a different GPU and the problems aren't the same it points towards the GPU, but you say it still has some problems which means it's something else, changing i7 to i5 means we can rule out the CPU, so the options left are RAM MOBO or PSU, so the RAM we know is a bit of a problem but we'll check that, so what PSU do you have and how old is it?

You say you've tried multiple versions of windows did you do a fresh install of each? I recommend getting a blank USB drive and downloading the Win10 setup onto that, which can be done here, then wiping your installation drive and install it there try this first then we can test the RAM as its more time consuming.

Raerayu

Honorable
Nov 26, 2015
So the RAM should stay in the pairs you bought it in, i.e. first pair in slots A1 and B1 (first and third/second and fourth) or whatever config you MOBO states if they weren't bought in pairs they will all be running at the slowest ones speed, your userbenchmark test suggest xmp profiles might not be on have you checked?

If you've tried a different GPU and the problems aren't the same it points towards the GPU, but you say it still has some problems which means it's something else, changing i7 to i5 means we can rule out the CPU, so the options left are RAM MOBO or PSU, so the RAM we know is a bit of a problem but we'll check that, so what PSU do you have and how old is it?

You say you've tried multiple versions of windows did you do a fresh install of each? I recommend getting a blank USB drive and downloading the Win10 setup onto that, which can be done here, then wiping your installation drive and install it there try this first then we can test the RAM as its more time consuming.
I have done a fresh reinstall of each windows and wiped the drives. The ram is in dual channel with eachother it just wasn't for that certain benchmark because I was messing around with it. I'm sketch about the GPU because even though I tested an R9 280x, it is a decently slow card. So stuttering and occasional input lag could be just the result of the card. I think it could be MOBO but wouldn't I experience a number of problems if that were the case? My power supply is an EVGA, forgot what model, it's around 4-6 years old and 850w. Isn't there a way to check if i'm getting enough power from my power supply? Also is there anything else I can do to help point me towards other parts? I was gonna build a DDR3 PC and test the GPU but the parts were broke.

New Benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15265151

Last edited:

Raerayu

Honorable
Nov 26, 2015
Update: My Input Lag is very inconsistent in the way it presents itself, it can be only when I see enemies, when there's a lot of particles, 24/7, or even non existent.