Question PC lags while gaming/editing since upgrading RAM ?

Dec 13, 2022
Pc specs:
Ryzen 5 5600X
MSI B450 Tomahawk
32GB(16x2) V.COLOR Prism Pro 3200Mhz CL16
ZOTAC RTX 3060
Corsair RM850x
Adata Gammix S11 Pro Nvme 256GB

I recently upgraded the RAM from 16GB to 32GB was using Trident Z 16GB kit before and everything was running fine.
After upgrading the RAM, I noticed that whenever I am playing any game be that CSGO or Escape from Tarkov, the game performs fine but whenever I minimize the game to just use google chrome or any thing the pc lags and becomes slow.
Same happens when I use Vegas Pro to edit my clip, it becomes extremely laggy after 5mins of use.
Tested the RAM with HCI Design's MemTest, Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool, and Passmark Memtest86. No errors at all.
I recently noticed that my primary SSD (OS) has dropped to 56% health and both the games listed above are on that including Vegas.

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance while gaming and then again while the game is minimized and you are using Google Chrome.

Use both tools but only one tool at a time.

The objective being to determine what system resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

What changes when the lagging/slowness begins?

How full is the primary SSD? Likewise for any other system disks?

It will take a bit of time and effort to get a sense of how to use and understand each of the tools. There is no rush and you should take the time to verify or otherwise be able to repeat any given results.

Do not immediately react to some "discovery" by making immediate changes. Be sure that the problem is identified and that potential solutions are indeed viable and workable.

Post accordingly.