Question Pc not booting at all please help

Manu_3

Reputable
Feb 19, 2016
I just upgraded my whole setup and swapped my whole pc to another case. I’m more than sure everything is plugged in the right place and secure. First attempt was through the power button on top of my case, nothing. My first thought was I had messed up where the small pins on the F Pannel went so I took them all out and tried to manual boot it by touching The pin with a screw driver. All that happens is a small red LED right next to the f panel flashes once and that’s it. No fans no lights no boot. The only indication of power I see is the wired Ethernet port in the back is lighting up. Please help I don’t know what the issue is

Edit: issue identified, cpu is fried

Last edited:

Manu_3

Reputable
Feb 19, 2016
Please list all the specifications so we have the necessary information to help you.
Z370 Ultra Gaming 2.0 mother board i7 7700k, cx650m psu, 2400 ddr4 8gb

Pretty sure the cpu is fucking fried. First thought the mother board was dead so bought a new one, then thought it was the psu and bought a new one. Now I get a slightly longer flash on the cpu but the fans on the cpu and psu are spinning now for about 2 seconds before shutting off. On the old mobo and psu I wouldn’t get no reaction at all from anything it was completely dead. So I’m assuming the cpu is bad fuck my life

Manu_3

Reputable
Feb 19, 2016
Please list all the specifications so we have the necessary information to help you.
I think I just realized what I might have done. I installed the cpu power connector that goes from the psu to the motherboard the wrong way.. I forced it in and attempted booting it like that. Would that have fried my computer?

TRENDING THREADS