[SOLVED] PC not booting. Motherboard ethernet light keeps blinking.

Mar 29, 2021
I bought a new GPU today to replace one of my old ones in my pc. After turning the pc off and installing the new GPU, the pc won't boot. It won't even make a sound. The only thing I see is the ethernet light blinking on and off (even though I haven't connected an ethernet cable to it).
This has happened to me in the past. I solved it by removing the cmos battery and the psu cable and waiting for some time. Then after reinserting them the ethernet light would not blink and by pressing the power button the pc would boot. This won't happen now. No matter how many times I've tried, the yellow ethernet light keeps blinking and the PC won't boot. I've tried removing most pc components like hdds and gpus and ram and the same thing persists, as long as the yellow light is blinking, the pc won't boot.
I'm 95% sure my motherboard is at fault, though I didn't change any other parts other than removing one of my two GPUs and adding a new one. Yes I also tried removing the new gpu and it still won't boot.
The motherboard model is asrock x99m killer. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Solution
Check with the mobo monitor software, if you're lucky, it will display where each sensor is.

I have a gigabyte z390m gaming mobo and the mobo software shows where each sencor is and temps for each

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
Have you tried a bios reset?
Try both gpu's in a working system?
All drivers upto date?
Have you tried with only one ram stick?
Check all cables are securly plugged in?
Have you tried a diffrent working psu?

Mar 29, 2021
So I managed to fix it, however I'm having a different problem now.
Checking corsair link and other temperature checking software, I see on my motherboard that one temperature is extremely high.

Any idea what could this be?
lnb0ruq.png

It's always #5 on every software that I use. On OpenHWmonitor both #5 and #6 are flaring up while on corsair link only #5.

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
Check with the mobo monitor software, if you're lucky, it will display where each sensor is.

I have a gigabyte z390m gaming mobo and the mobo software shows where each sencor is and temps for each

Solution