PC not booting, no signal to monitor or keyboard

Mar 1, 2018
My PC ( AMD Ryzen 7 1700, Strix RX480) isn't booting up for some reason. I try turning it on, all the lights and fans turn on, but I get no signal to my monitor, and the lights on my keyboard and mouse don't turn on. I tried unplugging everything and trying again after a while, no luck. Also, the leds on my Asus Strix RX 480 turn white for a few seconds every 10 seconds or so, and when that happens, you can hear a slight electric buzzing for a second. I tried taking out the RAM and booting, same result. Changed the GPU, still same result (but without the leds blinking obviously, because the GPU i tried didn't have any). I also tried another PSU, but still got the same result. Now I'm guessing it's the motherboard or CPU, and it kind of sucks, because I definitely can't afford a new R7 1700 as a young student. Any troubleshooting tips? Or even possible fixes for this issue?

Solution
You are using a AM4 motherboard right? (Never can tell when it's not listed).
Try one stick of memory at a time in each slot.
I would say bad board before processor.

I fixed it, just pulled both ram out and put em in different slots, and moved my GPU to a different slot as well, btw I did list the MB, it's a B350 Gaming Pro, which is an AM4

Appleid2

Reputable
Jan 27, 2016
You are using a AM4 motherboard right? (Never can tell when it's not listed).
Try one stick of memory at a time in each slot.
I would say bad board before processor.

I fixed it, just pulled both ram out and put em in different slots, and moved my GPU to a different slot as well, btw I did list the MB, it's a B350 Gaming Pro, which is an AM4

Solution