Question PC not booting with certain USB devices connected ?

Jan 9, 2023
My PC won't boot properly when I have certain USB devices plugged in the motherboard USB ports, the PC turns on and all the fans max out but nothing shows up on the monitor, when this happens the power button stops working as well and I have to flip the PSU switch to shut down the PC. If I remove the USB devices it boots just fine and I can plug them back in once it has booted up and everything functions 100% fine. For some reason the USB cable for my Xbox 360 controller charger doesn't affect the PC boot when plugged in the motherboard ports like the other USB devices, neither does the USB 3 ports on the front affect the boot in any way. Motherboard is a B550 Gigabyte gaming X V2, if anyone has an idea on how to fix it please help.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x
Motherboard: B550 Gigabyte gaming X V2
Ram: Kingston Fury 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4
SSD/HDD: Crucial P3 2TB M.2 NVME
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT
PSU: Corsair RM750x 750W (Only a few months old)
Chassis: NZXT H7 Elite
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5 C27G54 / 27" / 1440p

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard: B550 Gigabyte gaming X V2
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU if it's been in service for a while.

Motherboard is a B550 Gigabyte gaming X V2
^ the board has two pages due to it's PCB revision, can you please take a look at what PCB revision you have? Following that, check and see what your current BIOS version is for your motherboard.

My PC won't boot properly when I have certain USB devices plugged in the motherboard USB ports
Please elaborate the devices you're encountering a problem with your platform.

TRENDING THREADS