Question PC not connecting to internet via ethernet but other devices can ?

Mar 23, 2022
Good evening

So I have been using wifi for a while now but have recently had a cat6 drop added to my house so I can run cable to my router. When I plug the ethernet into the router, the PC detects my router, it even shows its name and mac address; however I get no internet connection. My xbox works just fine if I do the same thing. When I went to troubleshoot, it will run through the process and solve itself by finding the network and connecting to it. within a second or 2 it will then go back to saying no network detected after sending a few packets. If I look at the details, it does indeed say packets were sent up and down, but its only for a brief moment.

It is almost as if something is blocking my PC from connecting to the internet since it only does this to my PC

for my network I have:
Spectrum Modem > Nighthawk RAX43 > CAT6 through wall to PC. my internet is 1gig down and 40mbps up

I have tried plugging into the modem directly as well and it doesn't even see a network at all so that was worse.

I am not sure how to open up a gateway or whatever if that is the problem.

Edit: when I reboot it says under the network icon "internet access" for a split second before reverting to no connection. Also my proxy setting is off

Last edited:
Good evening

So I have been using wifi for a while now but have recently had a cat6 drop added to my house so I can run cable to my router. When I plug the ethernet into the router, the PC detects my router, it even shows its name and mac address; however I get no internet connection. My xbox works just fine if I do the same thing. When I went to troubleshoot, it will run through the process and solve itself by finding the network and connecting to it. within a second or 2 it will then go back to saying no network detected after sending a few packets. If I look at the details, it does indeed say packets were sent up and down, but its only for a brief moment.

It is almost as if something is blocking my PC from connecting to the internet since it only does this to my PC

for my network I have:
Spectrum Modem > Nighthawk RAX43 > CAT6 through wall to PC. my internet is 1gig down and 40mbps up

I have tried plugging into the modem directly as well and it doesn't even see a network at all so that was worse.

I am not sure how to open up a gateway or whatever if that is the problem.

Edit: when I reboot it says under the network icon "internet access" for a split second before reverting to no connection. Also my proxy setting is off
Are the Ethernet drivers installed?

Reactions: jp2223
Mar 23, 2022
Are the Ethernet drivers installed?

I am not sure. I didn't even know that was a thing. I have a "custom" built NZXT. please see below for my build. Is there a specific driver I use? google shows a bunch

• NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti - EVGA XC3 ULTRA
  • Kraken X63 RGB
  • Microsoft Windows 10_Home
  • ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
  • Intel Core i9-10900K 10-Core 3.7 GHz
  • Team T-FORCE XTREEM ARGB DDR4 4000MHz 4000 MHz (Maximum Speed) 16GB (2X8GB)
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W G5 Gold
  • Seagate FireCuda 520 1TB M.2

EDIT: I downloaded what I believed to be my Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V drivers. All it did was show "connected" for like 30 seconds longer before going back to no connection

Last edited:
I am not sure. I didn't even know that was a thing. I have a "custom" built NZXT. please see below for my build. Is there a specific driver I use? google shows a bunch

• NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti - EVGA XC3 ULTRA
  • Kraken X63 RGB
  • Microsoft Windows 10_Home
  • ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
  • Intel Core i9-10900K 10-Core 3.7 GHz
  • Team T-FORCE XTREEM ARGB DDR4 4000MHz 4000 MHz (Maximum Speed) 16GB (2X8GB)
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W G5 Gold
  • Seagate FireCuda 520 1TB M.2

EDIT: I downloaded what I believed to be my Intel(R) Ethernet Controller (3) I225-V drivers. All it did was show "connected" for like 30 seconds longer before going back to no connection
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/04LAN/DRV_LAN_Intel_I225_UWD_TP_W10_64_V1028_20210318R.zip

Not sure if this is the same one you used or not but I believe this is the correct driver of it says you have the one then, your Ethernet port is shot or bios is unadjust to proper setting

Reactions: jp2223